Chapter 35

*PETE'S POV*

I'm picking up Emily today.

She finally gets to go home today.

It's been three weeks of absolute hell and I'm so glad it's over. I've never been so bored in my life, I didn't even know what to do with myself these past three weeks. It was like time was passing but I was standing still.

I barely slept last night, I stayed awake like a kid waiting for their first day of school, just wishing I could go get her already. I woke up this morning completely exhausted, which is weird mixed with excitement. It's like you wanna run around but you're stuck in slow motion. I flung myself out of bed and trudged my way to the shower. I threw on the nearest clothes I could find and made my way outside to my car and headed to the mental hospital. It was about an hour drive but between getting lost in the music and being impatient and ready to see Emily, I think it only took me about 30 minutes to get there.

I parked my car outside the hospital and walked down the sidewalk. I made it to the front of the building and stopped for a second. I took in a deep breath and prepared myself to go inside, then I reached out and opened the door and walked inside. The inside smelled like what I'd imagine those houses in horror movies smell like, mixed with bleach. There was a long desk right when you walk in, and guards on either side of it.

"Hi, how may I help you?" the lady sitting behind the front desk said when she noticed me standing there.

"Um hi, I'm here to pick someone up." I say, still looking around and taking in the place. It looked exactly like mental hospitals do in movies, except with more pictures hanging on the walls.

"What's the name of the person you're here for?" she asked in an extremely perky and annoying tone.

"Uh, Emily. The doctor called me yesterday and told me she could come home today." I say, getting a little impatient.

""Alright, I'll let them know you're here. You can have a seat and I'll come get you when she's ready to leave." she said, smiling and standing up from her chair.

"Thanks." I say as I turn to walk over to the waiting room. 

I sat in one of the chairs against the wall and started bouncing my leg out of impatience. I've missed her so much these past few weeks that I don't wanna wait another minute. I try to look around the guards standing by the desk to see where she is, but all I can see is random doctors and patients walking in and out of the rooms.

After about fifteen minutes, I look up to see the lady from the front desk walking towards me.

"You can go back and get her now, she's in exam room four on the third floor. The elevators are right around the corner." she says, smiling and pointing down the hall.

"Great, thanks." I say, standing up from my seat.

I stand up and walk past the guards and around the corner to find the elevators right where she said they were. I press the button on the wall and wait for the doors to open, then I walk into the elevator and press the button for the third floor. The elevator goes up and then the door opens and I walk out into the empty hallway. I look around for the room she's supposed to be in and after a minute or two of walking I find exam room four. The door was open so I stood outside for a moment and looked around to see if she was in there. There was a man in a suit and a doctor's coat standing by the counter against the wall, and Emily was sitting down across from him.