Chapter 24

Trigger warning: mentions of abuse

I woke up to a text from Pete.

Pete:

Hey, you busy today?

Me:

Hanging with Leila and getting lunch but that's it. Why?

Pete:

Can you come over after?

Me:

Yeah, of course. Everything okay?

Pete:

Yeah, just need to see you. Have fun with Leila <3

I got out of bed and went straight to shower. Then got out and got dressed and ready to go see Leila, trying not to talk myself out of the whole thing. Then I walked out of my room and into the living room to see Dom already in the kitchen.

"Hey, I went to the store while you were asleep and got food because you have like nothing to eat here besides chips." he says, laughing. "What are you doing today?"

"Going to see Leila, telling her about Asher today and I'm so fucking scared dude." I say.

"I mean, the guys clearly a douche. You're doing the right thing, I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Yeah you're probably right. I'm going to see Pete after, hopefully to find out why he was acting so weird yesterday." I say.

"Yeah he was acting a little weird, I noticed that too." he says, pulling out a bowl from the cabinet and then grabbing a box of cereal.

"Yeah. You working today?" I ask.

"Yep, got a dude coming in for a huge ass back piece so I'm gonna be swamped the whole day. But if you need anything just text me, I can get Colson to cover for me." Dom says, pouring his cereal into the bowl.

"Thanks, I really appreciate that. I should be fine though, just nervous." I say.

"It's gonna be fine. Just think about it this way, wouldn't you rather tell her whatever is wrong with this dude and her know, than her not know and something bad happen? Even if she does take it the wrong way, at least she'll know."

"Yeah you're right. Thanks, I really appreciate the advice. I should probably get going I guess." I say, grabbing my stuff. "I'll see you later, and I'll let you know how it goes."

"See you later, good luck."

I walk out of my apartment and out to my car. I get in and sit all my stuff down and head to the restaurant I'm meeting Leila at. It only takes about fifteen minutes to get there. I pull into the parking lot and wait a few minutes and then Leila pulls up and parks next to me.

"Hey girly, how's it going?" Leila says as we walk towards the restaurant.

"It's going okay I guess. How are things with you?"

"Good actually, I got a promotion at work a few days ago." she says.

"That's great Leila, congratulations." I say as we walk into the restaurant and sit down.

"Thanks girl. So, how are things with you and Pete?" she asks.

"Um, I think things are good. I still haven't figured out what was wrong with him yesterday but hopefully I will when I see him later."

"I'm sure you will, you guys are so cute together." she says.

"Thanks."

"So...what'd you wanna talk to me about?" she asks, putting her elbows on the table and resting her chin in her hands.