Chapter 29

*PETE'S POV*

I got off the phone with Dom and without even thinking I grabbed all my stuff and walked out of the store, without even saying anything to anybody. I got in my car and drove as fast as I could, running every stop sign on the way and trying to see through the tears building up in my eyes. It was like I wasn't even in control of my body. It was like my whole body just needed to get to Emily and it was doing whatever it took to get there.

 It was like my whole body just needed to get to Emily and it was doing whatever it took to get there

I got to the hospital and parked and ran as fast as I could inside. I ran into the waiting room and looked around for Colson and Dom who were sitting in the corner looking like they were both about to hyperventilate.

"Where is she? Is she okay?" I ask, running to them as they both stand up.

"They took her back as soon as we got here a few minutes ago. We haven't heard anything yet, but I already called Leila and her dad and they're on their way." Dom says, looking like he could pass out any second.

"There's leila. Hey, over here." Colson said, pointing to the door and then yelling to Leila.

"Sorry, I got here as fast as I could. Is she okay?" Leila asks as she walks up to us.

"We don't know yet, no ones come out since they took her back there." Colson says.

"What happened? No one even told me why she's here and you were being vague as hell on the phone." I say.

"I was being vague as hell because I wasn't about to tell you all the shit that happened over the phone with her in the backseat. We were just trying to get her here as fast as possible dude." Dom says, getting frustrated.

"I get that, and I'm glad you guys were there, but can someone please tell me what the fuck happened?" I ask.

"Okay, me and Colson were about to leave to go hang but I left my phone in the apartment so I went back up to go get it and when I got there Asher was beating the shit out of her and I had to rip him off of her and-" Dom starts to explain.

"Wait, what the fuck? Are you serious?" I ask, not believing what I'm hearing.

"No I'm not, she fell off a slide at chuck e cheese. Yes I'm fucking serious, dipshit." he says, aggravated.

"Oh my God, she wasn't lying..." Leila says, looking straight at the floor like she's just seen a ghost.

"What do you mean? Who wasn't lying about what?" I ask.

"Emily...the last time we hung out she told me that her and Asher used to date but he would beat her and when she tried to leave he tried to strangle her and then threatened her dad but I didn't believe her and I...wow I'm so stupid. I said such awful things to her because I thought she was lying, I can't believe this." she says, shaking her head.

"So, who's going with me to kill him?" I ask, fuming with anger.

"Me and Colson already took care of him, we knocked him around until he was unconscious and then threw him in a ditch somewhere, I don't think he'll be back anytime soon." Dom says.