Chapter 31

*EMILY'S POV*

Where the hell am I?

Is this heaven?

Did I get that lucky?

I lift my head up to look around to see where I am and wince in pain as soon as I try to move.

Nope, not heaven.

The stupid hospital.

Fuck.

There was nobody else in the room when I woke up, just a bunch of machines and cords and crap everywhere. My whole body ached, like I'd just been hit by a train, then I realized why I was here.

Oh...

Wait, where's Pete?

Then my brain starts to spiral and I start thinking about all the possible reasons nobody would be here, none of them good. Then tears start to build up in my eyes, only making the pain in my entire body worse, and I start sobbing.

They all hate me.

I'm alone.

What if I never see them all again?

Where's my dad?

Why is nobody here?

Did they believe all the things Asher said about me?

Then the door to the room swings open and someone walks in, but I can't stop crying so I don't bother to look to see who it is.

"Emily?" I hear the person say from the doorway.

It's Pete...

I turn to look at him with tears still rolling down my face and I feel all the weight lift off my shoulders as my eyes reach him.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying? Are you in pain? Want me to get the doctor?" he asks, rushing over to my side and grabbing my hand.

"No, I mean yes I'm in a lot of pain but that's not why I was crying." I start to say.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"When I woke up and saw that nobody was here...I thought maybe you guys all hated me now and I'd never see you again." I say, avoiding looking at him.

Pete stands there for a second, then leans down and wraps his arms around me in a hug and rests his head on my shoulder.

"Ouch." I say as he squeezes me, then he loosens his grip around me.

"None of us hate you, we all love you...a lot. I just walked to the vending machine down the hall. I'd never leave you like that, ever." he says and then presses a soft kiss to my shoulder. We sit like that for a few minutes, not wanting to let go of eachother. "I should probably go get the doctor now that you're awake."