Chapter 23

*EMILY'S POV*

Maybe if I just don't leave my bed all my problems will eventually disappear.

I haven't been able to bring myself to get out of bed since Pete left earlier. I'm just dreading today, not because I think anything bad is gonna happen but just because it's gonna be stressful.

I finally force myself out of bed and shower. Then I get dressed and walk out of my room to where Dom is in the kitchen.

"Oh hey, you're up. Uh, I made breakfast as a uh thank you for letting me stay here last night." Dom says as I walk into the kitchen.

"Aw, you didn't have to do that, thank you."

We sit and eat breakfast for a few minutes and talk.

"Hey so, I have a question." I say.

"What's up?"

"Well I was wondering, and you can totally say no, if you wanted to come hang out at the park with all of us later?" I ask.

"Yeah sure, sounds like fun." Dom says.

"Alright cool, Asher won't be there today luckily. Leila texted me earlier and said he was busy. But uh, my adopted dads coming if you wanna meet him. I'm having lunch with him later before we all go to the park. He'd probably know more about our dad than me if you wanted to talk to him."

"Oh cool, that'd be great." Dom says.

We finish eating and then Dom leaves for work and I start getting ready to go to lunch with my dad. I take my time getting dressed and try to mentally prepare myself for today. I finish getting ready and watching tv after a couple hours and then leave my apartment to head to the restaurant.

I pull into the parking lot of the restaurant and see that my dads already inside, so I grab my stuff and walk straight inside and sit down at the table he's sitting at.

"Hey pumpkin, how's it going?"

"Dad, I love you, but please never say that again." I say as I sit down at the table.

"Okay, fair enough. My bad." he says, throwing his hands up in a surrendering motion.

We start talking and just catching up for a few minutes while we wait on our food. After a few minutes, I finally get the courage to tell him about Dominic. 

"Dad, I actually need to tell you something."

"Everything okay kiddo?" he asks.

"I don't really know the best way to tell you this, so I'm just gonna come out and say it."

"Well now you're kinda scaring me. What's going on?"

"I have a brother. My bio dad cheated on mom and had another kid. He showed up at one of Colson's concerts a few days ago and told me he was my brother and then I met him for lunch the other day and we talked." I start rambling.

"Woah woah woah, slow down. You have a brother? How does he know he's your brother?" he asks.

"He did one of those ancestry test things and found out. He said I was the only person he could find." I answer.

"Wow...I had no idea."

"Neither did I. He's really cool though, it's almost like we're the same person it's weird. You'd really like him. In fact, he's coming to the park with us today if you wanna meet him." I say.

"This is a lot to take in at once kid. But yeah I mean, I'd love to meet him. Any family of yours is family of mine."

We finish eating lunch and talking, then walk back out to the parking lot.