Chapter Twelve - Double Trouble

^^ Kylie's POV^^

I'll hand it to him: Hunter was persistent. Heck, he even opened classroom doors for me. Somehow, just like Xavier, he was everywhere. I had the same lunch period with him for heaven's sake. If I didn't know better, I would think that he was stalking me. Because I'm such an interesting person to stalk, note the sarcasm.

I swear that most of the female population hate me even more now that Hunter follows me around everywhere. Especially Hannah, who is trying to lick her wounds by going after Hunter. But with the amount of death glares she's thrown my way, I'd say that she hasn't been very successful. What a shame.

Meanwhile, the media had a field day once they figured out that Hunter Taylor joined Waverly High. Ally told me that she heard that enrollment applications to Waverly had skyrocketed in the last week, but alas, the poor souls who applied won't get the chance to go to school with two famous celebrities.

And I was the poor soul who couldn't get away from two celebrities.

At least Kenna and Ally seemed to enjoy both of their presences. Ian was less...fanatic over both of them. He still admired them of course, but not to the extent of Kenna and Ally. And then, there was me, falling at the bottom of the chain of excitement.

I finally had a relative quiet hour for chemistry. Although, by quiet hour, I meant that neither Xavier nor Hunter were in that class with me. Meanwhile, Ian was there to keep me company and to help me relax - like always. Or, at least, let me vent and rant to him.

"Do you know how many times Hunter asked for my number?" I asked Ian quietly while waiting in the lab. "Twenty six times. I counted," I enunciated, complaining. "I'm almost tempted to give it to him so that he can stop, even if I barely even use my phone."

Ian patiently listened to me whilst mixing the chemicals. He even made a humming sound as he thought about what I said. Then, even from behind the googles, I could see a glint in his eyes that informed me of a devious plan.

"Oh no, do I want to know?" I groaned, wary of his look.

"I think you would," he grinned, before revealing his plan. "Why don't you give him Seth's number?"

My face scrunched up at the mention of my ex's name. I still held a grudge against him. The thing about me was that I could grudges for a very, very long time. Once someone lost my trust, it would take mountains of effort to get back on my good side. Just picture a few Mount Everests.

But then I thought about it. Not only would that stop Hunter from asking me, but Seth would be pissed at me for giving Hunter his number. And that would be totally worth it, heck maybe even priceless if I could see Seth's expression.

"You evil genius," I grinned at Ian, starting to like his idea. "Why don't I do that during lunch?"

Ian maintained his grin, suggesting, "Just make sure you wait until the end so that he doesn't get the chance to call the number while you're next to him."

I snuck him a high five, momentarily catching Mrs. Grey's attention. Ian gave her a fake sheepish look to encourage her to move on with her business. We gave each other a secret look, agreeing on the plan.

*****

Kenna groaned, eyeing me and Ian with suspicion in her eyes. We just arrived at the lunch table after coming from science. "I know those looks on your faces. What are you up to now?"

Ian gave her a mock wounded glance, which she didn't seem to believe at all. "What would give you the idea that we were planning anything?"

She narrowed her eyes at him. "If there's anything I've learned about you Ian Jenkins, it'd be that trouble surrounds both you and your sister - Macy unintentionally and you intentionally with all your schemes."