Chapter Sixteen - Hollywood Torture

^^Kylie's POV^^

Kenna flipped out.

"You don't know who Taylor Swift is?!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms into the air.

I blankly stared at her. The name sounded familiar but I couldn't put a face or a fact to the name. "No," I answered curtly.

Kenna banged her head against the desk. "I've failed as your best friend," she moaned into the wooden table.

The only reason Taylor Swift's name was mentioned was because after yet another photo leak, some girl named Taylor Swift congratulated me on snagging Xavier. She didn't even congratulate me directly, rather Kenna found it on Cheep or Tweetter or whatever that site was called.

At first, I didn't even know which picture she was referring to or who Taylor Swift was - and I still don't - but when Kenna had scrolled down, my eyes had widened. There, on the Internet, showed a picture of me leaning against Xavier on the bus. I had absolutely no recollection of the incident but the picture blew things out of proportions again.

Instantly, I was once again bombarded with people asking about my relationship with Xavier. Somehow, this picture reinforced people's ideas about me 'dating' Xavier Monroe. More people flocked towards me to get a sight, or signature, of 'Xavier's girlfriend.' Kenna even tells me that a fair percentage of the population can recognize me.

Safe to say, I was going to have a...friendly chat with Xavier later. One that may involve some yelling from my end.

"So who is she?" I asked. Kenna lifted her head and looked at me as if I had asked her if she liked to eat puppies. Then, she slammed her hands on the table.

"That's it. I've had enough. You, missy, are going to have a Hollywood info-marathon with me. I'm going to drill every famous person in your head so that you aren't completely clueless!" Kenna declared, promising me.

My eyes widened at the potential horror of that idea. Every famous person? I was going to die. I didn't care to know and if she was going to drill all of their names into my head, my mind would crumble under pressure.

"No!" I protested, before trying to redeem myself. "Taylor Swift is that one actress right?"

I had almost a fifty percent chance of guessing correctly. Most famous people were either actors or singers anyway. However, from the look on her face, I must have incorrectly guessed.

"Wrong! She is a singer," she said, making me mentally curse at myself for being so close. "Although, she did feature in some movies," Kenna added in second thought.

"Ha! I was right," I exclaimed, even though I was only half-right. But I'll say anything to prevent the info-marathon. Kenna gave me a glare.

"You are not working your way out of this. This will be for your own good now that you've been shoved into the celebrity world," Kenna insisted adamantly. "When I'm done with you, you're going to be dreaming about them."

This was the signal for me to run. I would rather eat a brick than fill my head with useless nonsense. I tried one last attempt to talk my way out.

"We have a test we can study for instead," I brought up, thinking about the chemistry test we had tomorrow.

Kenna merely waved the idea away. "You're smart. You'll do just fine without studying."

The doorbell rang, and I hoped it would be my savior.

"That's probably Ally," Kenna informed, leaving to go answer the door.

Maybe I could jump out the window Kenna's bedroom. After all, her room was of the bottom floor of her house. But, on the other hand, did I really want to go through all of the trouble of separating her screen and the pane? I sighed and rested my head on my palm, which was set on my knee.