Chapter Twenty - Like Triangles

^^Kylie's POV^^

I hate love triangles.

They are the worst concepts ever. Like triangles are just as bad, because they are basically the same thing. Although, people merely like each other rather than love. Yeah, I know, hearts can't really be controlled, but why does it have to be so dramatic and intense? All they do is cause trouble. I can't think of a single scenario where a love - or like -triangle didn't end disastrously or emotionally scarring.

It really doesn't help my pessimistic standpoint considering that I am simultaneously stuck in two like triangles.

Triangle number one involved me, Xavier, and Kenna.

When I finally broke the news to her after school on the day Xavier had asked me, Kenna remained uncharacteristically silent. I had been extremely nervous at her behavior because I worried she would flip out. Contrastingly, Kenna had a calm expression. That was worrisome because Kenna would never be calm over news like that.

Guilt pooled in my stomach because I felt like I betrayed her. As soon as Xavier had arrived to Waverly back in October, Kenna had basically laid claims to him. Even before he came, Kenna had stated that Xavier would be her future husband. And when I broke the news to her, she knew that I already knew about her obsession.

Xavier had tried to comfort me by telling me that Kenna would come around. He had also stated that on the bright side, Kenna hadn't outright refused and threw any sort of tantrum. But the air between us isn't as light and comforting as usual. In fact, it almost resembled the tensions that had existed between me and Xavier before he had apologized at Ian's house. She just seemed dejected and less energetic.

Meanwhile, Ally and Ian had been more accepting. Ally was excited for me, although she too had to save her enthusiasm for when Kenna was not around. Ian was glad that I was finally over Seth, but he had given Xavier a warning look. It was the look that spelled out unspeakable pranks for Xavier if he ever messed with me.

Besides my friends, the only people that I've told about our relationship are my parents. Hunter also knew, courtesy of Xavier.

As for triangle number two, I was one of the three members along with Xavier and, wait for it, Seth. My ex-boyfriend. The same, and only, one that broke up with me over miscommunication. But really, the kicker was that he broke up with me, yet he's the one that still liked me.

How do I know that? First, that kiss at the Ordwell theatre failed to prove that he had a negative view towards me. Even after the slap I had given him, which didn't deter him at all, he still felt as if he had some claim on me.

I would find apology notes in my locker from Seth that tried to convince me to get back together with him. Key word was tried. He was mainly communicating with me through paper notes. This was almost as bad as when he had broken up with me over the phone. At least that hadn't happened through texting, I suppose. But still, that was inconsiderate and not classy.

Seth also frequently sent glares at Xavier's way whenever Xav was next to me. It was clear to me that Seth did not like the fact that Xavier seemed to be really close to me, which he kind of was.

The only reason why I had this mental bashing rant was because of the situation in front of me now. To be more precise, Seth and Xavier were busy arguing in the parking lot. They hadn't seen me yet because they were completely focused on each other.

I had asked Xavier to wait for me to talk to a teacher before we went to my house to start our new history project. But apparently, I took too long if Seth had a chance to find Xavier after the mob of students left on the buses.