Chapter Twenty Four - Aftermath and Alternatives

^^Kylie's POV^^

After the paparazzi disaster at the end of our date, Xavier and I had hid in his mansion for the rest of the trip. The paparazzi had basically set up camp outside of the gates. I swore I had saw tents of some kind.

Once again, I had received many phone calls from family members and other people I knew. They all had asked me more questions about Xavier and our relationship. The Internet was no help either. Hollywood type blogs were all talking about Xavier and his new girlfriend.

Leaving the mansion had been a pain, but once we had reached the airplane, I thought we would be safe. I had been completely wrong.

People must have put two and two together because they were waiting for us back in Minnesota. Actually, they were less waiting than setting traps. And we were the prey.

I thought that the arcade had been overwhelming with cameras and people. But it wasn't the same magnitude as when we arrived in Minnesota because they had more time to prepare. I had finally understood Xavier's great need to bring sunglasses with him wherever he goes. I had been thoroughly blinded by camera flashes.

Now, if only Xavier had warned me about the noise. I'd have brought earplugs as well.

Instead of being known as that half-naked girl that was on top of Xavier in that one picture, I was now known as his girlfriend. I was the envy of countless teenaged girls on the Internet. Once again, there were some hate messages, but there were more positive posts. I had even spotted someone who wrote that they "totally shipped Kyvier."

What the hell was with that name mash-up? Couldn't there have been any better ones?

Ian always smirked whenever he heard the term, which often came out of Kenna's mouth. My parents took the pleasure to laugh at my displeasure about the names, but they also agreed that the incessant phone calls were annoying and draining.

Lucky Ally didn't have to deal with the media after her surprising outing with Hunter to Chinatown. I was also peeved that Hunter didn't get caught as well because both he and Xavier were famous.

And speaking of which, Ally was still explaining that she was not dating Hunter Taylor.

"I swear, it was not a date. Hunter was just showing me around because he was more familiar with the area. I don't think I could handle dating a celebrity like him. You know how I don't like being the center of attention," Ally explained. Then she blushed. "Even though I do like Hunter, I have a crush on somebody else..."

My mouth dropped. Kenna's eyes widened.

"Who?" Kenna asked, eager to hear valuable information come from quiet Ally's mouth. Ally seldom disclosed such private information, even with us. I think she is usually too embarrassed to share, but if she does share, it really shows her trust and comfort with us.

Ally's entire face flushed pink. "You know him," she started, not satisfying Kenna considering that there were many people that she knew. I was curious as well.

"If you're going to be vague like that, why don't you at least give us some characteristics," Kenna compromised. We both knew how hard it was to get Ally to reveal crushes.

Ally nodded. "He's a funny and loud goofball," she described vaguely, looking down and twiddling her thumbs. Even though it could have applied to many people, my eyes widened as I came up with a very plausible possibility. There was only one goofball that I knew Ally spent a lot of time with.

"You like Ian?" I asked.

If her face wasn't already pink enough, it turned into a deeper shade of red. Ally was basically a human tomato with that color.