Chapter Twenty One - A Potential Problem

*Xavier's POV*

It had taken quite a bit of coaxing and prodding to get Kylie's parents to agree to my impromptu invitation to Los Angeles. According to Kylie, they only relented once she had mentioned that Ian, Ally, and Kenna had also been invited. It also might have helped that I had offered to pay for flight and accommodations.

It's not like I wasn't rich with plenty of money to spare.

Ian's parents had been on board as soon as I had mentioned taking their son with me on vacation. I'm fairly sure that they were ecstatic that their prankster son wouldn't be in the house for a whole week. Ally had already been planning to flying to California, but her family was going to San Francisco instead. Ally promised that she would try to meet up with us somehow, even if San Francisco and Los Angeles were a few hours away from each other.

And then there was Kenna. Even though there was still tension between her and Kylie, she seemed genuinely excited at the offer of a trip. But really, who wouldn't? Not to mention, I was going to rent a private jet for the trip. It was an overall sweet deal, which should provide a warm and open atmosphere to amend relations.

Currently, we were sitting in a limousine, on our way to my mansion. I would've gladly driven my car, but it was resting at home. Kylie, Kenna, and Ian were all pretty excited to ride a limo, considering that it was their first time. Kenna took this time to explore the vast landscape of the limo whereas Kylie looked out the window to view outside. Ian was busy checking out - snacking from - the mini fridge beside him.

Kylie had admitted to me earlier that she had never gone to California before, which would justify her observant behavior looking out of the window. I wonder if the dry landscape held her interest as the icy landscape in Minnesota had held mine.

When Kylie had stepped off the jet into warm Californian air, she had scowled and shrugged off her jacket, claiming that it was unnaturally warm for winter. I had retorted and claimed that in Minnesota, winter was unnaturally cold. It must have been an odd experience for her.

The limo came to a long stop and I almost thought we had gotten stuck in traffic, like usual. Instead, I looked out the window to find out that the car stopped at gates to my place.

"Hey, we're here," I notified them. Kylie's head sharply turned to face me, as she had already seen the mansion and was appalled that I had said that we were here. Meanwhile, Ian and Kenna rushed to the window to look out. I could see their jaws drop in awe at the sight of my place.

"Damn," Ian muttered, lost for any other word.

It was hard to not be awed by the mansion. The large property encompassed a fountain and garden in the front, a pool and gazebo in the back, and, of course, the building itself. White columns lined the side of the mansion, supporting the roof. Large, gridded windows covered parts of the side. There were more details, but I was so used to seeing them that they have become irrelevant to remember.

I exited the limousine and went to pay the driver with cash before heading to pick up the luggage. The other three reluctantly crawled out of the car. Once they stood to their feet, they walked over to grab their own luggage. Meanwhile, I pulled out my phone to call one of the staff members and tell them to open the electronic gates.

I really need to install some keypad soon, so I don't always have to call to be let into my own property.

We rolled our suitcases to the entrance, where a few of my personal staff waited for me. While I had been away, I had given them a small vacation. And then when I found out I was coming back, I organized them to be prepared for me and guests.