Chapter Four - Unlucky Coincidences

^^Kylie's POV^^

"You would not believe what just happened in math!!!" Kenna sang happily. She was even skipping a little. Her happiness usually makes me smile. Well, unless she was annoying me.

Or if she said certain things like:

"Anyways, the Xavier Monroe shook my hand! Guess who isn't going to wash their hand for a long time?" she exclaimed, her eyes widening in elation. She waved her hands for emphasis.

That immediately wiped the smile off my face. That jerk? Kenna was happy because he shook her hand?! Who the hell is he for Kenna to be all googly-eyed for him? My expression must've been pretty obvious, because Kenna answered my question.

"Uh. You know? Xavier Monroe? He's only the lead role in my favorite movies, hottest celeb in Hollywood, and totally my future husband! Remember when I had said that I'd be Kenna Monroe when I get married?" she rattled off the reasons.

As excited as she was listing off the "good" qualities that Xavier had - *coughs* not *coughs* - she looked disappointed that I hadn't remember her multiple rants about being Kenna Monroe.

But ooh. So he was in some of those romance-y chick flicks. That's nowhere close to what I watch - action and horror - so that must be one reason why I don't recognize him.

Another reason to why I don't know him is that I don't pay attention to Hollywood stars and celebrity gossip. At least, not to the celebrities that are immature, drug addicts, alcoholic, or nowhere close to people I recognize.

I mean, I do know the big names. Names like Oprah Winfrey, or Ellen Degeneres, or Bill Gates, or Brangelina. I do hear a lot of nonsensical chatter about people like Kim Kardashian - who I'm pretty sure she is a reason why I detest celebrities most of the time - but I don't actually remember them.

However, I do slightly remember Kenna talking about a famous person with the last name Monroe. Xavier was probably one of those immature celebrities.

A narcissistic, pompous, little snot.

"That jerk?" I start out, not getting the big deal about him. "You think shaking his hand was amazing? How about death-gripping his arm as you lead him down the hallway?" I retorted.

I admit though, that was pretty childish, but I wanted to one-up someone. So far, everyone was bragging about how they talked to Xavier, saw him, shook hands with him, or freaking smelled him. I was the unfortunate one who got pushed into the puddle by him and was later forced to give him a brief tour.

Kenna's mouth dropped as she understood what I had meant.

"Yo-o-u held his arm and clutched it to yourself?!?" Kenna shrieked in disbelief. "You lucky girl, touching him so intimately."

Oh please. Someone save me. I'm going to go ram my head against a wall until I black out.

I take it back. She did not understand the meaning of a death grip. And she had forgotten that when I dislike someone, I tend to be a little rough. I briefly wondered how she still couldn't see my distaste in him.

Also unfortunately for me, Seth was standing right behind her and looked like he had overheard Kenna's misunderstood comment. Great. Now he probably misunderstood Kenna's misunderstanding.

This is such a mess.

"It hasn't even been a day and you're already on to another guy?" He asked from behind, with a hint of hurt in his eyes. Even the strands of sandy brown hair on his head seemed sad.