First Impressions matter, don't they?

Elijah-

"I don't think we could work this out" she said in a firm tone.

"Cayla, at least give me a reason! You can't just leave like that! " I begged.

"Look no hard feelings, we can stay friends if you want!" she responded, changing the subject.

I was hurt and upset but not mad, at least not yet.

"You can't just change the subject like that! give me an answer, I deserve to know!" 

She looked at me with her dead brown eyes and yelled, "Look, I was keeping it a secret, because I wanted to be fucking polite!!"

I uncomfortably said, "Can we sort this out without making a scene. Actually, Cayla I think I'm in love with you! we can give this a second chan-"

She cut me off and said "I have a girlfriend Elijah! I am not the person you think I am. I am not straight."

Am I in a dream? how? I thought to myself while trying my best to hold in the tears that had formed in my eyelids.

"I didn't wanna tell you because I thought you would feel insecure but it's too late now." she sighed.

"Elijah best, you made me realize that I'm a lesbian and I'm very grateful for that, thank you!" she continued.

After that I couldn't keep it together. 

"Elijah, I promise you will find someone straight and beautiful." Cayla said after seeing the tears roll down my flushed cheeks.

Those tears made my vision blurry as I saw her walk out of my room and eventually out of my life.

(End of Flashback)

Elijah-

"Shit" I mumble to myself as the sun rays hit my eyes. Damn I haven't been out in a hot while. The outside world feels different. It's not as colorful and vibrant as it used to be.

Ethan handed me a grocery list and forced me to go outside so here I am, at our local convinience store.

I step towards the food aisle in order to buy a shit ton of snacks because that's the only way I know how to cope. I stand in front of the candy section and take a moment to pick my favourite.

I squint my eyes on the packaged food ahead of me when I hear a female voice, "Hey." she says.

"what's up?" I reply without looking at her because I'm not in the current mood to interact or socialize with anyone.