Perception

Elijah-

I intently stare as y/n while she interacts with the security guard. She hands him the bill, which he asked for. All hell breaks loose when he asks where the stuff we bought is? y/n screams profanities at the man.

She was craving chocolate so we stopped to buy some with the money she stole. She stuffed it in her pockets and that's why the security guard didn't see it. That angered y/n. How could something so little can be this triggering?

"Fuck this! Elijah, let's go." she holds my hands. I say nothing and do as she pleases. She also ends up throwing the receipts on the guard and he curses her.

This is not the y/n I know. I am only familiar with the perception I've made up of her in my head. She has always been a terrible person, it's the fact that her balaclava is starting to fade just now.

"Why'd you keep the knife?" I can't trust this girl anymore. I never should have in the first place.

"I thought it'd come in handy which it did- wait, Are you scared of me?" she looks down.

I am scared shitless of her. "I am not but it-t still has blood on it- the knife." 

She lets out an evil chuckle in response, "Let's go get you some sleep."

I don't need sleep, I need the peace in my life back. "Yeah."

We book a room together in the fanciest looking place in the town. Great, y/n is keen on spending more money than we need to again. I check the clock and it reads 10 am. It's too late to go to sleep now. 

"You hungry?" she asks and I shrug.

"We'll go look for something around the street." y/n gets her jacket and leaves. She never asks for my input before making decisions.

I follow behind her and we eye down a few restraunts on the street, picking the one we wanna dine at. All I've done the past week is feel miserable and down a 1000 grams of food everyday. It's like i've gone back to my days after the break up with Cayla but worse.

"What about that one?" I point to a vintage themed cafe.

"You wanna eat at a museum?" she laughs out loud.

It's not a damn museum. "Yeah, I guess it looks like one."

"We are going there! the chinese place!" she once again, pulls me into an unknown place.

This place is boujee-er than anything i've ever seen. It looks like it'd cost a kidney to get a plate of rice around here. Therefore,  when we get the menu handed to us I intentionally pick the least pricey item on it.

I glance at y/n who has a mischevious grin plastered on her face. "Have yall decided on anything?" the waitress intterupts.

"uh yeah, I'd like a caesar salad."

y/n shares a look with me, "I'd like egg ramen noodles, chicken fried rice, sashimi sushi rolls and for dessert an ice cream sundae."

I can't believe it. She has done it again with no guilt. "What is wrong with you?"

She rolls her eyes, "Were you not there when I robbed those twats senseless? We've got money elijah. Let's have the fucking night of our lives again!"

"Fuck our night! We can't keep stealing y/n!" I whisper aggressively.

"You are fucking boring." she scoffs.

It's like I saw y/n with a filter and once the flawless filter is gone what you see is a fucking wall. It's hollow. It has no substance so you make whatever you want of it, almost like a blank canvas.

"Do you trust me?" she asks after a pause.

I don't. "I do."

"Then just let loose and have fun for once. I swear everything's gonna be fine."

I am unsure of how I feel about everything.

Y/N-

Elijah was acting weird and distant. It took me time to notice but when I did I was sure something bad was cooking up in his head. 

He stared off and didn't talk to me at the chinese place even when I initiated conversation. He was right there, in front of me but it felt like I didn't have him at all.

"Okay then." I gave up and left the restraunt out of anger. I knew Elijah would follow and he did. 

"Let's starve today" I yelled.

"y/n I wanna get some rest now." he looked at me with his worn out eyes. He wasn't lying so we both headed into our room and locked the door.

Elijah threw himself on the bed and drifted off the sleep in seconds. I walked up to his side and he looked tensed even in his sleep. I should probably leave him alone for a while.

I had nothing to do so I ended up getting into my head. Last night was one to remember. The party, elijah's drunken side and the two men I robbed was like the icing on the cake.

But what if the cameras caught me? What the two guys called the cops? I told them not to but did they listen to me? I felt heavily about everything and this was bothering me to the core.

I wanted nothing bad to happen but when does it ever go my way?