Evidence

Ethan-

I am sitting in my room, scrolling through social media and I hear people screaming hysterically downstairs.

I put my phone on the table and go downstairs to investigate. The screams only get louder as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

I can make out a few words now, "What the fuck? That can't be real." my dad protests.

"Yeah! You've got it all mixed it." My mom follows.

"What's happening?" I ask.

I am met with three cops standing in our house, "Elijah best is under arrest for manslaughter and assault." one of them says.

"Wha-" I stutter.

"We reported him missing! He is the one in danger. He is not putting people in danger! He's been framed by the person who kidnapped him!" my mom makes a point.

I don't understand what's happening. Murder? Assault? Elijah is not capable of those things or that I know of.

"He's not been kidnapped. He ran away on his own from his crimes. " The officer says.

"Now move aside. We have to check whether you got him hiding in your damn house." the officer continues.

All the cops walk past my mom and me to the stairs. My dad steps in, "I am not let you unfairly blame my son! Get the fuck out of my house!" He screams.

This is not going to end well. I am not against getting justice for Elijah but pissing off cops is a bad move.

The cops handle the situation patiently, "You might wanna see the evidence." he says.

They sit us down on our couch and turn on the TV. They switch to the news and we see Elijah, as clear as day robbing a store.

"That tells you he had not been kidnapped."

My mom and dad don't defend him blindly this time. Then the cops reveal the DNA results they found at the scene. All of them match Elijah's.

Tears start rolling down my mom's cheek, "I can't believe it, our son is a fucking murderer."

I hug her and calm her down. We can't disapprove DNA results, so the cops win. We join hands with them in order to find Elijah.