Capable of Love (extra chapter)

Elijah-

I wake up in pure joy and stare out the window to a vibrant world. The sun is bright and so are my thoughts. I can't wait to live out the first day of this new chapter of my life with y/n.

She is not next to me though. I get up and walk downstairs, expecting to see her in the living room or something. I hear people talking as I get closer to the last step. They don't sound like Ethan or y/n or anyone I know for that matter.

I run through the remaining stairs to investigate. I met with a horrifying sight. The cops have y/n in handcuffs. "What the hell?!?" I approach them.

I try to stop the police by getting in their way. Y/n doesn't make eye contact with me, "Wait. Is it because you fucking challenged me yesterday?" I yell like I've never yelled before.

I follow them to the car and throw her in the seat. She looks dead inside and unresponsive. What the fuck is going on??

"This is not a damn competetion y/n!!!" I bang on the window as the cops prepare to drive away.

She finally looks at me, "Do you even know what a sociopath means?"

"I don't give a fuck what it means!" I scream. They start up the car and I panic.

"I swear I'll get you out of ther-" a cop interrupts my sentence, "She's in for life for killin' a man in power and you think she'll get out? Good luck with that shit" he chuckles.

That little bastard. I don't have time to get angry though. I take in y/n's presence for the last time as the car starts moving.

"You do know that I am still capable of love, right?" are the words she says before driving away in the police car.

What did she mean? Did I actually lose her? I lose my grip of happiness and sanity as she is gone. I find myself sitting on the sidewalk.

I can't believe it, she is no longer a part of my life just like that? I already miss every little thing about her. I am glad she entered my life at the right time to save my life and take me on a crazy lifetime rollercoaster ride with her.

I have to learn to live without y/n, I'll start by being grateful for the last memory I made with y/n being a happy one.