The "Date"

Elijah-

It's been a few days of me and that strange girl exchanging texts, her name is y/n actually. She even texts weird. She says so little yet a lot. Her texts seem incomplete and monotone. but it doesn't matter. My goal is not to fix her texting skills but to get my ex back.

I go downstairs and indulge in our usually empty fridge. Ethan is petting Rudy as I grab some string cheese. 

"So, how's it playing out with the new girl?" he smiles at me.

"Actually! We are going out tonight!"

"Aww that's amazing! I am glad you are getting over Cayla, slowly but surely."

"Who says? I want Cayla back. She's the only one for me." I scoff.

My twin brother puts Rudy down, "Ok. What the hell is wrong with you, dude?"

"I know! I know! I am being a tad bit toxic for using y/n but there are no rules in love or war! I bet y/n would love Cayla once they both meet!" I step forward.

"Don't come crying to me when everything goes downhill for you."  Ethan walks away from the conversation.

Y/N-

I called Elijah to meet me at the mall. I know malls have become an outdated concept when it comes to dates but this was the only place I knew. I was new in this town.

After no long than 5 minutes I saw him walking up to me. I looked him up and down with visible disappoint on my face. He was wearing the same outfit from the grocery store that day. 

"You said we were gonna have fun and this is where you call me?" he showed fake concern on his face.

"Chill the fuck out, we are not gonna be here all night." I said.

I walked ahead motioning him to follow me and we start looking and pointing through the shops while making small talk. He gave away shit ton of details about himself while I kept everything a bit down. He was being dumb and irritating. I was regretting the date already.

Anyways, we end up at the food court. I acknowledged this white lady in her late 40's, handing out samples. They looked like they were sushi.

Elijah nudged us to get some so we both got in the waiting line, me in front of Elijah.

Eventually, my time to get the sample came.

The Lady greeted me "Hey would you like to try out our sushi sample? It's free of cost." I stepped forward and nodded.

"Have you ever had sushi before?" 

"Nope" I shrugged.

She handed me the sample with no warning causing for it to fall on the ground.

"Well you sure as hell never held food before" she laughed sarcasticly and and handed me another sample.

That bitch was now getting on my nerves.

Elijah-

"Be sure to tell me how it tastes!!" she says and y/n gets handed the little piece of sushi again. 

y/n holds it and abruptly throws it on the woman's face. "It tastes shit." she walks away as the lady screams hysterically.

What the hell was that? I can't hold in my laugh anymore. There's something wrong with y/n.

I step forward and the lady gives me a weird look. I smile and collect my sample while she dusts the food off her pink t shirt.

I finally let go and laugh as loud as possible and approach y/n on the escalators.

"You are fucking insane." I say.

y/n has no expressions her face. "Let's go clubbing." she says.

I ignore her and ask the important question, "Do you have anger issues?"

She gives me an intense "don't make me open my mouth" look. 

"Well the lady kinda deserved it." I say.

"I don't like this place. Let's leave this shithole mall." she replies.

"The clubs are even worse." I fold my arms.

"I wanna get out of here. You in or not?" she stops and looks at me.

She sounds pissed off and maybe I should go to the clubs in order to lift her mood. I despise partying though.

"Just fuck it." she drags me out the mall exit because I was taking too long to answer.