Light at the end of the tunnel

(mature content warning)

Elijah-

I look around as we all sip on the cup of coffee Ethan prepared. I feel the warmth of the leather couch underneath me. I sigh and shift to y/n, "This isn't too bad." she breaks the silence.

"The coffee. I thought it'd be shit but isn't." she continues.

Ethan glares at her, "Do you have any manners?" he says.

"Guys! come on!" I lightly chuckle at y/n's remark. Ethan is definately a bad cook, even coffee is something you shouldn't trust him with. Y/n saw right through him.

"What, Elijah? Your brother is being an asshole right now." y/n looks away.

"Ethan." I say and he snaps at me, "You think I am at fault? Dude?"

"Where is mom? and dad?" I change the subject and start asking the important questions. I am feeling positive that they'll forgive me since Ethan did too.

"uh it's complicated. They are currently in Miami."

Their son is being framed for a murder and they have the random urge to go on a vacation? 

"What the fuck Ethan?"

"I told you, It's complicated! They are leaving town and they've found a new place in a new city. They just wanna forget about everything that has happened and leave it all behind." he replied.

"What about me?" I asked.

"You are dead to them." 

I stand up and start losing it but Ethan stops me, "Look! Elijah! I fought with them and tried to explain things to them but I am sorry." he hugs me.

"I didn't do anything. I am-m being f-ramed." 

"I know." Ethan comforts me and y/n sits in the corner, silently.

I thought life was finally on my side. It just keeps getting worse. Every new day brings new problems and things to be sad over.

"We are gonna go make a confession." y/n speaks and Ethan chuckles in disbelief.

"You think this is a joke? whatever your name is?" he walks towards y/n. I stand back and wait for things go down. Why do they have to not get along and add to the mountain of problems we've already got?

"Were you there when the murder took place?" she asks.

"No."

"Then fucking act like it."

Y/n continues, "We were both there when it all happened so let us handle this situation and stop getting in the damn way."

I hold both of them back before the situation gets escalated, "Y/n has a point, ethan."

"Dude! They have solid proof against you. They'll directly arrest you when you come into their sight."

Ethan's words put me in an intense state of worry. He knows what he is talking about. He is scaring me.

"We'll get a lawyer." I say.

"You really think we have the money for that? Mom and dad are definitely not gonna help us." Ethan states.

I and y/n stare into each other's eyes, looking for a solution but no one has one.

"Don't worry elijah, I'll get you out of this. Just don't confess. I'll arrange some cash and get you the best lawyer in this city! Stay at home and avoid getting seen by people at any costs, okay?" Ethan says.