Chapter 6

Dean POV:

Chuckling amusingly, I grab Seth's hand in mine and shove him against the wall again before slipping his phone back into his pocket. "Are you all right?" I raise my sight and look over at his worried expression that has settled on his cute face, with the overwhelming gigantic eyes.

He rolls his eyes frustratedly and bites his lip nervously. His beautiful brown eyes seem almost black, and his eyelashes form a dark wreath around his eyes. He makes me fall for him in a jiffy. It feels like the sweet sunlight falling upon me during the cold winter.

My eyes travel to his pouty lips, red and wet from being steadily bitten. Insane how one can look so beautiful, even trapping into someone. "You're beautiful," I murmur, losing in my thoughts. I don't care about anything. "My heart goes crazy the moment that I have laid eyes on you."

Before I realize it, my lips press on his suddenly and feel the sparkles between us. I'm flying high, and it feels blissful. "Oh, I'm sorry." I apologize but kiss him again. To my surprise, he doesn't push me away, staring at me in the eyes. I can feel that he wants to say something, ask something, or at least understand something.

At the moment he's about to open his mouth, Bayley enters the room and breaks the connection between us. His eyes go wide when she pushes away with a cocky smirk.

Her smile turns from cocky to apologetic. "Sorry, but we gotta go." She says and pulls me away from him, taking me out of the room.

I lean against the door outside and cross my arms over my chest, listening to what she has said. I feel irritated when she mentions Shane McMahon wants to talk to me about a minor change in my match at Elimination Chamber.

Everything has a good pace already. No Lesnar is in my sight, maybe a little more dancing with Miz and Maryse, or maybe a little dance with Ziggler. Who knows with whom I will lock eyes for my match? Whatever, I'm ready for everything.

"Oh, shit!" I open the door when I hear Seth knocking from inside. I just forgot that I locked him while listening to her.

He gets out of the room and glares at me for a few minutes before giving a small smile to Bayley and leaving the place. He turns to look at me now and then until he disappears out of my sight. With his one look, my heart would get intoxicated.

Seth POV:

The entire morning seemed to be hell for me. On one side, Mark forced me to go to Dean's hotel, and on the other side, he gave me a heavy workload for returning late to the diner. He didn't even give me a break to take lunch, so I felt dizzy since I left there.

The phone on the counter beside me begins to buzz when I'm in the middle of preparing dinner. I pause to look at the screen and groan aloud as yet another unrecognizable number appears on it.

Ever since kicking out of the marriage a week ago, I've been bombarded with some sorts of teasing calls from my ex-fiancée friends. The language they've used to enjoy calling me is awful, but I adjust to everything and try to live with it.

Nowadays, I utterly ignore those calls or go the more favorable route of declining the call to stop the annoying ringing when an unknown number pops up. However, currently, my hands are decidedly occupied, sticky after forming patties from raw ground beef. I carry on, hoping that the caller will give up.

The phone rings incessantly and drives me up the wall, nearly before it finally stops. I blow out a sigh of relief and go to continue the work, but my phone starts up again. I sigh, an edge of a growl tingeing it with frustration.

Seem like ignoring this caller won't do the trick, so after quickly washing my hands, I press decline and return to my task. I only get as far as starting up the burner underneath the skillet when the ringing begins again.

"Goddamn it." I snatch up my phone in such a grip that it's a wonder I don't crush it in my hand. I hit accept, and through sheer will, manage not to yell when I answer. "Yeah?"

My ear has been assaulted by the obscene sound of chewing. "About time you picked up, asshole." A deep, raspy voice says that quite frankly causes a flush of heat to rise in my cheeks.

"Excuse me?" I growl, pushing the shift of emotions down to address the situation.

"There is no excuse for you, kitten." The man on the other end replies and gives me a guess who it is. "Why were you ignoring my calls? And why do you sound all nasally? You sick or something?"

My scowl deepens because I don't sound nasal. "There is no kitten here. By the way, you got the wrong number, Dean." I bite my tongue suddenly for spilling his name out and slap the back of my head.

There is a muffled rustling as though the man has readjusted the phone; the obnoxious chewing becomes clearer than does his voice. "If I'm Dean, then you'll be my kitten."

Seductive voice or not, I don't have time for this. My stomach is practically eating itself. "I'm not a kitten," I snap, tugging my hair irritatedly.

There is a sharp snap on the other end of the line then the chewing has resumed. Definitely gum. "What are you doing?" He asks with an even louder pop of gum.

"It's none of your business, but I'm cooking dinner or was until you interrupted." I bite out, trying to end the conversation with him. "Bye."

"If you hang up the phone, I'm sure I will jump into your house." He says before my finger slides up the end button. "What're you cooking?" His interest sounds piqued.

I continue playing right into my hand by keeping the conversation when it should have ended long ago. I can't help that it feels soft, almost natural, to keep talking to Dean. Like we're long-lost friends or something.

"Cheeseburgers, homemade." By now, I have taken the time to balance the phone between my ear and shoulder so I can finally place my patties into the well-heated skillet. I wash my hands once more.

The constant chewing of gum on the other end suddenly becomes frenetic in pace before he rumbles, "Care if I join you?"

The question catches me so off-kilter that I stop all movements in my effort to keep myself from slowly toppling over. At the same time, my insides become utter goo at Dean's suggestion. My silence seems to cause his annoying chewing to cease altogether.

Before I reply, the phone on his side hangs up, followed by his friend's ramblings. I shrug and throw the phone away, sitting down to enjoy the dinner. "Damn it," I mutter and take an angry bite of my cheeseburger.

Once I've finished my dinner in silence, I crawl into bed and get into my favorite, comfy position. I close my eyes, ready for sleep to claim my tired body. It was a long day.