Chapter 9

Dean POV:

Even if I almost show this entire city to Seth from afternoon to evening in one drive, his legs are shaking violently since we return to my car. He's so attractive, so out of my league that I won't even dare to complain about anything. It is a bit of a problem that I struggle with, so I wish to mark him soon.

I don't care about his pleading for wanting to return to the diner and let him do his job. I keep doing what's on my mind. It's one of my known behavior to everyone, so I don't have to repeat it. And I'm sure it's hard for him to avoid me.

Even though I'm doing everything crazy, he doesn't push me away. Because he can't. How could one reject this Ambrose? No one! And I can sense already that we have got a feeling for each other, which is growing hard each day.

Before he caught in my eyes, I put a chip on my shoulder every day, never expecting anyone to like me actually or to be good enough for someone. But I felt everything had changed now. It's all because of him.

I take a deep breath and look over at him. With the light blue button-down and the gray jeans, he looks beautiful as ever. If I want to know whether he is interested in me, maybe it is time to try making a step forward, feeling out what is going on. "You know who else is wonderful?"

He looks at me confusedly as he snaps out of his thoughts and tries to process my words. "I don't know." He mumbles, turning his head to look out the window.

It isn't so easy for me to show affection and emotion. Most of it usually happens inside me, and I'm not big on sharing these things. But if I want to make things work, I know I have to try. "You!" I reach out and put my hand on his leg.

"Thank you." Obviously, he has manners but shoving it away by pulling my hand off his thigh.

I sigh and arrive at Cena's place not too long after that. When the car pulls into the space, my date musters the house with gigantic eyes. "It's more of a villa than a house. Wow! Who's it?"

"John Cena." I smile and walk toward the house casually but stop when I notice he's not moving with me. I shake my head frustratedly and grab his hand into mine, guiding him around the house.

Since this is a BBQ party, there is no need to step inside the house. Everyone would be hanging out behind the building. The closer we go, the more voices are audible.

In the garden, we find a large group of people. Men and women, spread out, sitting at different tables or benches. Even a couple of kids are running around here. We have not said hello to anyone yet, but I grab his lower arm and lean over to whisper something to him.

The touch shoots through our body almost like an electric shock. "I can introduce you to some other people. Come." I try to clear the awkwardness between us because I want him busy with the game we're playing.

He looks around nervously and nods slowly. "Okay, but then you've got to let me go. I need to go home at least."

I'm not quite sure why he is so eager to go home. Will someone steal his house if he's not there on time? Going home late or skipping a night with me won't do any problem, but he doesn't accept my offer if I consider so.

I guide him to where Jey and Jimmy are sitting with their wives. They have seen me coming, and Jimmy is out of his seat immediately. "Hey, man," I greet him, and we hug shortly. After that, I do the same with Jey.

"Ah! Dean Ambrose! Here, I was assuming you were charming. But it seemed like ladies first never occurred to you?" The tone has meant to be angry. But when I look at Naomi, she is smiling at me widely.

"Excuse me, seeming like your husband is just as eager to see me as you are." I smile at her and get pulled into a hug so tight, which almost crushes my ribs. She never fails to make me feel welcome and to make me smile.

When we let go of each other, I point at Seth. "I brought this kitten along." This announcement is a little clear that we're hanging out. Well, obviously.

"It's so great to meet you." He introduces himself quickly and shakes hands with the people in front of him.

I look around the place in search of some people and feel they're not here. Wanting to clear my doubt, I lean over to Jey and ask him, "Where's Ro and others?"

"They've not arrived here yet." He says, taking a sip of his beer. "I think Roman won't come because Ronda's a little disturbed about something. Maybe Sasha and Bayley will come."

This rowdy girl always has a problem with something that no one can interfere with. I thank him for the information and drag Seth to the back door, wanting to introduce him to Cena. On the way there, we've stopped by a hand that lands on my shoulder.

"Dean, hey. I didn't know you would be here." It's none other than Sasha Banks, who can light up the party with a slight smile. Without putting on the music, the party can reach its peak level with her audible laugh.

Once her eyes settle on Seth, she drags him to Bayley and starts a conversation with him. He's easily mingled with them than me, so I get jealous of it. His smile is kind and showed off a brief gap between his front teeth. Just by looking at him, I give constant pleasure to the energy that is surrounding me.

When the girls move and run over to look for something, he glances at me through those caramel-like eyes, almost as if he is trying to hypnotize me. "Why did you not move on to meet other people?" For the first time this night, he tries to speak to me.

"Because I don't want to while you're here with me." I stare into his eyes and notice a blush creep upon his cheeks. I don't want this moment to go away, so I talk casually with him. "Well, Cena is a superb cook. What are you good at?"

He seems to be fooled by the smile on my lips. And that is all right; it exactly is what I have wanted. Even though the question isn't a tough one, he's uncertain how to answer it. For a moment, he thinks about it. "I don't know." He mumbles. "I'm... I think I'm quite okay at the pool."

"Really? I'm so bad at that game. I have lost so much money because one sip of beer makes me think I can win everything, but actually... I'm just the worst at it." I laugh, glancing at him now and then.

He actually laughs with me, almost a bit like a child, and the sound is so refreshing, so natural, that it causes me to smile a little more too. The way he impresses me with his talks left me awestruck. What a thing of beauty! The night is going great as I have ever imagined. It's one of the best days of my life.