Chapter 15

Seth POV:

It hasn't stopped raining since the evening fall. I look out through the glass window at the people with umbrellas and raincoats rushing to get home. So it meant Dean would leave already and erase the evidence of his arrival as well. I draw a deep breath and turn to move, but stop when something gets my attention.

From where I'm standing, I can see the lunatic's reflection in the window as he sits on the porch with his head down. "Dean!" Is he here yet? Slowly, I lift my hand to touch the glass with a finger. It reflects the lights, almost working like a mirror.

Then he raises his head, and our eyes meet. I blink, expecting him to look away in a second, but he doesn't. Instead, he walks over to the window and stares at me through the glass. "Kitten." He taps the window, signaling me to open it.

I look at him confusedly, not knowing whether he talks to me, really. There is nobody else in the place, so he is unmistakably talking to me. I open the window and lean against it. "You were talking to me?" I ask nevertheless.

He lets out a soft chuckle. "We're the only ones here, aren't we?"

I ignore his comment and look down at his pants, noticing it is wet by the rain. "Just ignoring it. Why aren't you leaving anymore? It's pretty cold out there."

"Don't pretend to care for me." He says, turning around and wrapping his arms over his chest. "If you're really caring for me, you will let me inside already."

I'm not an easy person like he thinks, so standing here is a waste of time. Before he says anything, I sigh and close the window right on his face. I walk over to the couch and sit on it with my head down, thinking whether I'm doing right or not.

I jump when the thunder strikes heavily, almost making me think that it's falling right into my house. I look over at the window and stare at it, not knowing what to do. What if he gets cold because of this? I'll feel terrible if he catches a cold.

It isn't long before I change my mind and grant him an offer to stay for the night. I convince myself that it's partly because I don't want to be alone on another rainy day, and also partly because of the surprised, however overjoyed, an expression that instantaneously spread across the other man's features.

"But don't expect anything." I layout, letting him know I don't fall for him as he thinks.

I look around the room in search of a towel, hoping it will help him. When my eyes lie on it, I grab the towel and throw it at him, which he catches it perfectly with a smirk on his face.

Dean POV:

When Seth informs me not to expect anything from him, a smirk curls on my lips. I know he is what some will call pure. But it only makes me longing for him more. I expect, at least, we can do sloppy make-out sessions in this rainy climate even if we don't go any further.

"I would never unless you wanted. I promise." I'm very understanding when it occurs to what people want, and I know it's not what my loving boyfriend wants right now. Boyfriend!

He looks at me for a long second before disappearing into the kitchen. A few minutes later, he returns with a mug in his hand and glances at me, eventually. Saying nothing, he sits across from me and places the cup on the coffee table to my right instead of handing it to me directly.

I smirk and get the mug, staring at him. "Thanks," I mutter as I blow on the cocoa.

He watches as I take a small sip, testing the temperature. He then raises his eyebrows when I suddenly take a huge gulp. He wants to look away, but his eyes don't allow it while I'm with him.

"Say.. what's in this drink? It's delicious!" I wonder, taking another sip. I want to make this situation better, so I try to force a conversation with him. Staying in his house without having anything bothering me much.

"Other than stirring the cocoa with my pinky, I did nothing." He says casually, switching on the television. He tries to ignore me, but he can't. Who can avoid me while I'm trying to get their attention, huh?

"I knew there was something in it." I place the mug back on the coffee table and try to interrogate him. His silent punishment makes me mad, so I grab him by his arm and pull him toward me.

It makes him fall over me and press his lips on mine accidentally. To take that advantage, I wrap my arms around his waist and hold him against me. "Why did you do that?" He asks, trying to move away from me.

I hold him still in my arms and stare at him, not knowing what to say. I know he deserves to be happy, and I'm sure as hell I can give it to him. Especially after all that we've been through. And he can give me the happiness that no one can. "Because I wanted to. I don't tell you that I'm good. But I can try it to be.." Leaning over, I move in to kiss him slowly, who in turn pulls away.

"Dean.." He doesn't know what to say because he is scared of what his life will be like. "I-I don't want to believe you."

"How could I expect you to believe me even I was not sure about it? Truth be told, I wasn't planning on falling in love with you. But I guessed you could change my life and bring wonderful things." I don't know what I'm blabbering about now. And I'm not sure if this is going to be good or not. But I sound serious, though.

I let him go, even if he isn't replying to anything. Maybe he needs some time to think about it. A comfortable silence falls around us as we watch whatever dumb, a low-budget television show is airing on cable television, and the pizza he has kept in his refrigerator.

Long after the show has ended, he falls asleep on my shoulder, and I turn my full attention to the younger man's sleeping frame. It feels like something new, so I let the moment go on a few minutes before I gently get up, scooping him up in my arms and carrying him to his bedroom.

I gently lay him on the bed, stripping back the covers and pulling them over his dreaming state up to his shoulders. I smile and walk around the bed frame quietly, sliding in next to him.

I turn off the lamp and scoot a little closer to him. It is then that I feel an arm wrap around my waist and pull me in closer. I look down, and just through the darkness, I can see a spread of dark brown curls on my chest, and I realize that this is where I need to be for a very long time.