Chapter 28

Dean POV:

My blue eyes focus lazily on the television screen as I watch the two football teams battle it out on the field. Maybe it's getting interested if I'm in a good mood. I let out a soft sigh as I gaze down at Seth's sleeping form. He's nowhere near peaceful by any means, but I know that it's sleep. He's going through a rough fucking time and all. So I guess maybe, just maybe, I should do something to help him.

A knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts. I ignore it at first, not wanting to wake the younger man up, but the knocking gets progressively louder and more persistent that I have no other choice than to take care. Still waking him up is no option. Whoever is on the other side of the door clear isn't having it today to disturb Dean Ambrose.

I carefully maneuver him so that he's lying down across the couch. It sounds pure and secure. A breath of relief escapes from my lungs when he doesn't stir at all before I bolt over to the door, restless to shut up whoever is behind it. "If you bang on this door one more fuck.." I cut myself off as I fling the door open to reveal a woman. I furrow my brow, eyes narrowing in confusion. "Who are you?"

"I'm Mickie James, Seth's friend." She blurts out.

I give her an incredulous look that somehow manages to be suspicious at the same time. I don't know whether to allow her in or stop her at the door. Whatever it is, I should figure it out first. Letting her in might disturb the younger man and wake him up, so keeping her here will be best. Anyway, I should know the reason for her arriving now. "Can I, uh, ask what you're doing here?"

"I'm here for Seth. He was crying when I talked to him on the phone, so I rushed over." She acts like a mother hen, and the softness in her eyes looks a lot like concern, so I quirk an eyebrow, but otherwise, my expression doesn't change.

I sigh and run my hand through my messy hair before holding up and stopping her from getting inside. "Look, Seth is just sleeping. I don't want him to wake up and stress all day." I say idly, scratching at my jaw. I have stubble that I realize for some reason. I need to shave. Ugh! What am I thinking now? Let's finish this over. "Well, he's in good hands. You can go home and relax." I'm about to shut the door in her face, but she holds it open and peers over my shoulder to get a view of Seth.

Her eyes fix on me then and watch me like a cloud in the breeze. It's usual, but a smile that has curled on her lips after a moment is unusual. Something is going on in her mind about me. And I'm sure that it will never be good. People usually don't have a good impression of me other than implying that I'm a lunatic. Surprisingly, her fingers reach out and tap on my cheek gently. "Yeah. I can see that he's in good hands in his lifetime!"

I stay quiet for a heartbeat, then open my mouth to say something, but she beats me. "All of this kind shows me just how much Seth means to you. For the longest time, I wished he had someone like you in his life. You are perfect. I can see it, and I know you can give him a glorious life. Your eyes express how much you care for him. Like he's the very thing holding you here on this planet.." Still, I say nothing, so she continues, carefully picking her words. "Thank you."

I'm just kind of staring at her now, lips pursed like I'm locking them closed, keeping the words trapped in my head from rocketing out, saying something stupid. I look thoughtful as I watch her make the way to her car. I then turn and look at Seth wholly before moving to him. Knowing that he doesn't move much in his sleep and he lies on his back, I gently press a kiss on his forehead.

To divert me that my phone is buzzing in my pants pocket and getting my attention. Blinking my eyes, I take my phone out and stare at the text Roman has sent to me. It reads we should take a long six hours drive to Houston at 4 am. I put my phone down and shut my eyes, heaving a sigh. I really want to stay here all day and night, but Raw will be filming tomorrow. I have to make that episode, no matter how much I want a break.

I rub my forehead and think about it. I really don't need this right now. It's overwhelming. When I look back at the sleeping Seth, my blue eyes seem softer. Maybe it's because I'm taking in the expressions that his face is showing. In this condition, I shouldn't want to leave him alone. Sighing loudly, I sit down beside him and run my fingers through his long brown hair absentmindedly.

He moves a little in his sleep, making a slight noise that sounds like confusion, and grunts what sounds vaguely like my name. "Dean," He murmurs, wrapping his hand around my arm for support and pulling himself up. He then leans against my side and takes slow breaths, trying to get comfortable.

I smile and kiss the younger man's hair, taking in his scent. It smells good. I slide my hand into his and interlace our fingers. "I, uh.. we should go to the hotel."

He moves away and sits in stunned silence for a long moment but is nodding. "Yeah... I can understand." Then, maybe in a moment of weakness, he leans forward and places a kiss on my lips, only to pull back quickly. "I'm sorry. I.. get emotional again.."

I cut him off by taking the back of his neck and crashing our lips together again. His lips are much softer than my sea-chapped mouth, but we need to fit together perfectly. I feel a shiver run down my spine when his hands make their way to tangle in my hair and tug.

When we're parted, we both are left panting, and a little surprised until he smiles, and I feel my heart flutter in my chest. He goes quiet for a few moments, tilting his head gently at me. "Go to the hotel and take care of your work, Dean."

"If I say 'I', it's not 'me' alone. It's 'you' as well. Just come with me!" I muster enough passion in my voice that I can, so he will finally get the point and shut the hell up. "You're always to be with me from now on," I say seriously, as he looks up at me with big brown eyes that are clearly very watery and ready to burst out tears.

There's a beat of silence that passes. Seth stares at me for a long time but does not say a word. He doesn't have to as he desperately pulls me impossibly closer, body trembling slightly. His head nods against my skin once. Twice.

I bury my face into my boyfriend's bronze neck, and the wavy dark hair has escaped its hair tie, breathing him in deeply before reluctantly pulling away completely. Trying to put some reassurance behind it, I cup a hand on his face and tilt up to press our foreheads together and look him in the eyes. How powerful the love is! This uncontrollable guy could even get controlled by it.