Chapter 20

Dean POV:

Seth and I have been going out only for a month. We are still getting to know each other on an intimate level, and there are still things about each other we aren't aware of. Like, how he isn't a guy who likes anyone stepping on his toes.

I always assume he is soft. He is unlike anyone I have ever gone out with. He is calm, collected, gentle, and I'm sure he can handle my wild side, so I'm attracted to the other man.

I was pleasantly surprised when he made me prepare dinner for him after a drunken party. That moment wrecked me in a way I had never experienced before. After that, I'd hooked. I would always end up in his house whenever I had visited his city.

He is one of the rare men I have hooked up with who won't disappear, just like anyone else. I'm not used to being in relationships, but I like to hook up with him, so I try to spend most of my time with him as much as possible.

Currently, I'm standing in a shop and wandering around, almost forgetting why I'm here. Getting a gift for Seth is heavier than I have ever thought. What will one even have for a guy he's in love with without looking super gay?

The longer I wander around the shops downtown, the darker my mood gets, and my legs start hurting along with my feet, so at one point, I decide it is time to sit down so I can have at least a coffee.

I'd been a great coffee drinker most of my life, started when I was fourteen, and still went to high school, which I'd hated. It had been hell on earth to me, especially since I was settling with my mom back then and my dad was long gone.

My mother had been an alcohol and drug addict and fucked around all her life. I always think it is funny how I may have siblings somewhere out there, but I hope there are none.

With my coffee in one hand and a magazine in the other, which the coffee shop had given away for free, and I would not take something that didn't cost my money, I looked around carelessly. I sit down at a table and start reading while enjoying the coffee until my eyes settle on my figure on a specific page.

Yeah... I got it. I throw the magazine away and take my phone out, typing a message to some friend and getting a reply immediately. I stroll over to my car and get in the driver's seat, driving it fast to a prominent place before turning in the direction of Seth's house.

When I reach his house, I step out of the car too slow but arrive at his porch eventually, and I almost trip over my own feet as I get on the small stairs. There is no one else on the street, but it is fine; I don't like people watching me anyway, and I'm always being watched whether it is because I'm tall or because of my messy hair, or because I'm on television two times a week at least.

My feet meeting the floor are the only thing around that makes a sound as I approach his door. My knocking is low and heavy, and I can hear him talking on the phone on the inside, but I can't quite make out the words. It is good, though, because he seems to hang up soon and open the door to look right at me, who is leaning down and pressing my lips on his. "Hey, kitten."

"Hey!" He seems surprised but kisses me back and lets me get inside. "Didn't expect you tonight, sorry." He immediately starts cleaning the small table in the room filled with magazines and empty kill cliff cans, which I know is his favorite drink.

"It's fine, don't clean up for me," I reassure him, but he still won't leave it alone and even take a towel to clean a couple of crumbs off the table.

"You can sit. I'll bring something for you to drink." He says, walking over to the kitchen and bringing two cups of tea.

A minute later, I watch him curiously as he sits across from me at the table, stirring in his cup of tea. "I got something for you." I bust out without hesitance.

Immediately he raises his eyes on my face and lifts one eyebrow while starting to shake his head, but with a smile on his face. I notice once more how cute his little teeth gap looks when he has this lovely warm smile on his lips. "I-I don't need any surprise." He seems excited but holds back, which is obvious.

I know what he's scared about, so I reach in the pocket of my jacket that I have hung over the back of my chair and fumble out an envelope. "Take a look at yourself," I say and put it down on the table to slide it over to him.

With that, he takes his eyes off me again and grabs the envelope. I keep eyeing him as he opens it and takes out the ticket for this week's SmackDown that I have bought for him. Slowly he raises his head in absolute disbelieve on his face. "Dean.." He starts.

I keep my face smiling and wait for a reaction, but he doesn't say anything more. I huff and pull him into my lap, holding him against me. "I want my kitten's eyes to be on me in the ring this Friday!"

He buries his face in my chest and stares at the ticket curiously, thinking about something. He raises his head to confess me something, and I'm sure I will kill him if he considers his stupid job into this because I don't want him to give importance to other things than me. He shakes his head on his own and leaves his thought after deciding something.