Chapter 11

Seth POV:

I hate getting to ride the bus when I have my neighbor's son with me because I love kids. If I rode a bus, I couldn't hold him for over fifteen minutes. And also, the market is a scant five-minute walk from my house.

Today is the hottest day of the year, and I have left his stroller in the house without considering it. Because it wasn't this hot when we had left the house. "We're almost there." I rub the sweat off my head with the back of my hand and let out a relieved sigh.

True, I can see the arch of the shopping center another couple of feet beyond where we are, but I'm also debating how long it will take us to walk back home. As I'm thinking about it, the kid starts to cry, almost getting scared of something.

His crying makes everything worse, so I bounce him up and down, trying to calm him down. "Hey, buddy, what's wrong?" I coo into his ear, trying to calm his whining. He only continues, gradually getting louder.

I don't know what to do, so I look around, getting worried about the whole situation. I hold my hands on different sides of the kid and keep my palms facing up, trying to take his hands. My touch only sets him off and makes him let out a wail that makes people around glare at us.

I give an apologetic look to others, making them turn back around and mind their own business. I sigh and hold the kid closer, turning him around to face me. "Buddy, can you tell me what's wrong?" I plead. "Are you hungry, thirsty, tired?"

He has his attention elsewhere, his crying calming down to soft whimpers as he tries to wipe the tears from his eyes. I wipe his tears away with my thumbs, then turn around to see where his attention has been directed at.

Surprisingly, it's none other than Dean. He's walking over to us and glancing at him, then making a silly face that replaces the kid's whimpering with laughter. My brain gets a little fuzzy, and butterflies are filling my stomach. I smile and am glad he's helping me with this kid's crying.

Trudging, he falls into step with me and wraps his arm around my shoulders. I can't be happier with this goddamn weather, but I don't care about it anymore. It is still unbelievable to me what is happening. Everything I do with him is exciting to me, and for now, we're just wandering around the market. "Hey." I nudge him with my shoulder, a snicker bubbling up in my chest.

He glances at me and laughs outright. "Hey. Well, who's this kid?"

"My neighbor's." I snort, putting the kid's arms around my neck and letting his head lay on my shoulder.

"Oh," He says even as he laughs. "Kitten, do you like me the way I like you?" He asks, pushing up his head to look at me again.

"I can't, I guess, but how can you still question me? I'm sick of replying to you." I look ahead of him, trying to hold back a smile. "Well, how do you know you like me?"

"I told you a lot of reasons already, and after I told my friends all this, I was more than sure about it. You look gorgeous, you're an innocent guy, you're mostly fair, and you have a nice body, like what else can I be asking for? Except for you like me back, of course." He says, throwing his hands in the air.

"I do like you!" That comes out a lot faster than I have thought because I look surprised about myself. "I mean... I like you as a WWE Superstar. Nothing more than that."

"It's a lie." It's all that he answers, but the smile doesn't wash off his face. Every time I see his sweet smile, it drives me crazy.

"Shut up," I mutter, walking a little ahead of him. "We're almost reaching the shop."

He grins and leans forward, kissing me on the corner of the mouth. "I like the way you're lying and escaping, kitten."

"I'm gonna kill you." I try to glare at him, but I can't. Because the blush that creeps on my cheeks shows me as a fool in front of him. And I grab the sleeve of his jacket and tug him along down the aisle.

Dean POV:

After the shopping, I offer Seth a drive and take him to his house, wanting to know where he's staying. I drop the car at the beginning of the street and carry the shopping bags for him, as a reason to spend some time with him.

We walk around the corner and down the street past the similar townhouses, where I continue to follow him. We stroll toward the sidewalk until he turns and walks up the small set of stairs onto the front porch of the house. He stops in front of the door and fishes his keys out of his pocket.

He inserts the key into a lock and unlocks it, opening the door. He gently shrugs, a now asleep kid on his hip, holding the door open for me, and I appreciate him for his sudden change. 

"Sorry for the mess. He was playing this morning here, and I didn't have time to clean up before we left." He leads me in and lets me sit on the couch before dropping the sleeping kid beside me.

I take the phone out of my pocket and play with it, wanting to get his phone number. I can ask like an ordinary person, but it's not my style. And it will be fucking embarrassing to be rejected by him even if we've reached this point.

As he wanders around, I call him and hand over a carrier bag that contains three different beer brands, which I have purchased in the shop with him. "I want to give you these. I didn't know what you liked to drink or if you even liked to drink so, I thought fuck it and bought three different ones."

He smiles and crosses his arms over his chest. "No thanks. You didn't need to buy me this.. for wanting my number. And I noticed your phone was new!" He says and places a hand over his mouth after realizing what he has told.

"Why are you waiting anymore, then?" I ask, winking at him. I can guess he's trying to give me a chance to our relationship. Finally, we are getting on the same page!

"I guess since you ask so nicely." He says with a grin as he grabs a pen from his pocket and reaches for my arm, starting to write his number on my hand. As he's about to move away, I pull him down with me and press a kiss on his lips.