~ Chapter 20~

Third pov

Asami was confused. Why was she in trouble for standing up for her friends? The principal wasn't angry with her for it, so why was her father?

"How many times do I have to tell you, you are not there to make friends!!" He bellowed making her flinch out of her confused thoughts.

"But he was being picked on for not having a quirk!" Asami defended yet again.

"That has nothing to do with you! He's a weak child that you shouldn't associate yourself with! He doesn't benefit you at all!"

"You're wrong! And Aoi is not weak! He's super smart!"

"So he's smart but guess what? He's quirkless! So he has no use for you. Next time stay out of that weaklings business." Asami wasn't having it.

She could tolerate a lot from her father. The training, the overusing of her quirk the burns, he fright, the terror. She could handle it all. Because it was being done to her. But now he was attacking her friend. Her friend who already had it hard since he was quirkless.

"No!" Enji paused angered

"What?"

"I won't ignore him. I'll stand up for him again, and again! No matter what!"

"You would deliberately disobey me for a weak child!? I'm not having that. It's either you ignore him or be pulled from the school." Both options were terrible. But Asami knew right away what she would do.

"Yumi-neesan can teach me. I can always see them on the weekends."

"HAH!? You would give up that easily!?"

"Hai! Because then, I wont lose my friends!"

"YOU ARE NOT TO HAVE ANY FRIENDS!!! THOSE CHILDREN WILL NEVER AMOUNT TO THE GREATNESS YOU ARE TO ACHIEVE!!"

"I DON'T WANT YOUR GREATNESS IF IT MEANS LEAVING THEM BEHIND!" instantly she was slapped.

"You will leave them behind whether you like it or not! Do you understand me!" Asami bit her lip harshly, tears in her eyes as she subconsciously activated her quirk dropping the temperature in the room.

"I WON'T!!!" The room got blasted with ice covering the walls and the ceiling. "You want me to be a hero and I am being one! Heroes don't leave the weak to defend themselves! They don't ignore others in need of help! And my friend needed my help! So, NO! I WON'T LEAVE THEM AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!"

Enji threw half of what Asami said out the window, they probably didn't even reach his ears properly. All he heard was a rebellious daughter.

"You will listen to me! I am your father! And this is not up for debate! DO YOU HEAR ME!?" Enji's flames flames up meeting the coldness of the room before Asami threw her 'tantrum'.

"No!!" She yelled eyes screwed shut as she repeatedly denied her father his way. "You can't make me!!"

"I can. And I just did. I'm withdrawing you from the school and placing restrictions on your access to your, so called friends..."

"You can't!!" She ran up holding onto his arms only to be shoved away.

"I will!!" Asami cried out again sending an even higher output of her ice quirk around the room with her cries and pleads for Enji to not do it.

"Then will you do as I say!?" But she couldn't.

How is she to be a hero, if she ignores those in need? How is she to protect people if she doesn't protect the ones right in front of her. She didn't understand. And because she couldn't agree to both her quirk increased with her unstable mindset.