~Chapter 37~

Asami pov

I groaned feeling myself wake up to someone touching my face gently. I opened one eye, to see that the room was still dark with the only source of light as moon light. I groaned again before sitting up. Still half asleep I held onto the hand that was about to move away.

Instantly I felt the heat they were giving off and the scarred flesh. I perked up now, more aware of who was in the hospital room with me.

"Yori..." I hummed softly looking to his blue eyes that glowed in the dark under the moonlight. He leaned forward pulling me into his arms.

"You...you have no idea how much I want to hit you right now." His hold on me tightened and he gripped my hospital shirt. "Dammit snowflake..."

"Gomen. I made you worried. You saw didn't you? You saw the attack?" He sighed.

"Hai."

"Arigatou. If it wasn't for your flames hitting the villain. I'd have never been able to catch him."

"You...you saw that?!"

"Of course I did. You're the only one to use blue flames first and from the direction it came I saw right before I passed out." Yori chuckled.

"I should have known you'd see that." I held tightly to him.

"Yori...I lost them..." my lip trembled and I bit it in hopes of not crying again.

"I know...I saw..." I sniffed.

"The others must hate me so much right now. I survived with almost no burns and they, they're all hurt one way or the other." I choked out.

"I've seen some of your friends. That's not what they think at all. They miss you a lot and they're fighting doctors everyday just to see you." He pulled back sitting on the bed and wiping my tears away. "I'm bullshit at this feelings thing and only you I have words for so take it how you will."

I hummed listening.

"They're scared. They've just lost a lot and had to wait over two months just to get word of you and that other kid. They need you, just as much as I missed you they did too. Don't you dare act tough in front of them. But show them they can lean on you too. Be there. That's all they are asking of you." I nodded taking in his every word.

"Yori..."

"Mm?"

"Arigatou..." he kissed my forehead stroking my hair.

"Get a haircut and some rest." I giggled softly holding onto his arm.

"Stay until I fall asleep."

"I will." Nodding I laid down and he sat on the chair beside the bed not moving his hand from out of mine.

I smiled happily mind at peace and relaxing from the heat his body gave off. I shifted stroking and twisting the strands of my hair softly. I began to doze off barely awake I muttered things my mind did not register.

"You look like Toya...hehe. I wish..." I fell asleep not registering the baffled and gaping shocked look on his face as I faded.

》》》》

I sighed nodding to the doctor behind me.

"Cut it." She nodded and we began the long process of shorting my wild floor length hair.

We spent thirty minutes cutting it until it reached my thighs. There was so much hair. But I liked this length. I thanked the doctor and helped clean up before she left and I hopped into the shower. Afterwards I changed into the clothes Fuyumi brought for me. I hummed.