~ Chapter 41~

Ha! I'm early!

Kichirou pov

Everyone was panting. The entire of the hero class was out of breath and had probably overused their quirks a bit by the time we made it to the training camp. I felt...useless.

All I could do was run and dodge monsters with shadows or stay out of the way. Yeah I managed to pull Tsuyu out of the way of flying parts through her shadow but that was all I could do. All I understood how to do, subconsciously.

I bet it was because I've seen Ryu do it. And because he gave an explanation on how he did it but still... It felt off to do it. It felt wrong. No that's not the word... It's more like...strange. His quirk. Our quirk... the quirk that Asami and I now share. It feels sentient. And I have no idea what to do with that!

"Finally~ you're here!" The heroine from the group the Pussycat Dolls were standing before everyone smiling.

"Looks like there wasn't much point to threatening to dervive you of lunch." She chuckled.

When did she say that?  Looks like I missed out things when I was talking to Asami. Speaking of...where is- oh there she is. Beside her brother. I went over to her and before I could say anything or touch her she turned to face me. I know I've always been the taller one but still...

It feels different.

And then her scar. A reminder that I was too late. As if sensing my thoughts Asami gripped my hand and lifted it to her face where she planted a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

"Come back. Stop thinking about it. Look away." I did the latter choice, only to turn and see a kid punch the green haired one right in his balls. Midoriya I think.

I flinched and turned away trying not to laugh. But then Iida-san began to yell and I broke. Laughing, when I shouldn't be.

"I'm not going around to fuck around with a bunch of corny ass losers who wanna be corny ass heroes!" The kid declared with a look in his eyes. Asami and I shared a look and we silently nodded.

Looks like heroes, failed another one.

"Enough chit chat, get your things off the bus. Once you've found your rooms grab dinner in the dining hall. After that take a bath, kick back. The real deal starts tomorrow. Get a move on it!" Sensei announced and suddenly I'm being dragged by Asami.

"Where-?" I stopped asking as she blocked the kids path.

"Hello. You're with us now." She didn't even give the boy time to answer as she grabbed hold of him.

"Was I this small before?" She looked at me and I nodded smirking

"Probably smaller." I placed on a thinking face.

"Shut up!"

"What the hell do you two want!? Didn't you hear what I said earlier?!" The kid yelled.

"We heard. We don't care." I stated getting a shocked look from him. "What? Think you're the only one who's lost people huh? Naive." He frowned biting his lip.

"Don't overthink it..." Asami sighed. Suddenly my phone rang scaring the shit out of us all. I pulled it my back pocket shocked it even survived that fall. Then I saw the caller

"Huh? Koko is calling." 

"Put it on speaker." So I did.

"Koko-"

"Gomen!" We stopped walking surprised by the sobbing over the phone "Gomen, gomen, gomen! I lied! I lied to you and Asami-chan! I lied and I- I can't keep this up anymore..." I panicked not knowing what to say to my obviously distressed friend.