~ Chapter 13 ~

Shoto: 14
Asami:  6

Third pov

"Sho...Sho-nii..." Asami whispered sitting on the floor by his beside and poking his face every now and again.

"Hm..." after ten minutes of this Shoto finally moved and opened his eyes.

Silver and cyan blue met pink and steel blue. Neither blinked, moved or spoke for a moment before Asami's face slowly began morphing into a wide grin that had her eyes sparkling.

"Nii-chan..."

"Hai?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" And she dived onto him.

Shoto became breathless for a moment as she landed on him before the two rolled off the bed falling next to each other. Asami's giggles filled the room and like every year she has done this, it made him feel warm.

"Arigatou na, Asami." Shoto patted her head, the two still on the ground.

"Are you two going to stay down there or breakfast?" Natsuo stood by the door arms folded and eyebrow raised.

"Breakfast!" Asami was the first out of the two up and running out of the room.

Her brothers chuckled following after the youngest.

"Shoto..." The bi-colored boy looked up "Happy birthday." Shoto nodded humming his thanks to his brother.

I should have tried to be closer to him, maybe then I'd know what to give him for his birthday. Natsuo sighed.

The two walked down the hall in what seemed to be comfortable silence but really, Natsuo felt a bit awkward. Shoto didn't though, he secretly felt happy that Natsuo could actually walk beside him without their father causing a scene.

"You both should be training!" He spoke too soon.

"I will! I'll do it for the both of us as long as you let Shoto off for the rest of the week!"

"If he's to enter U.A. then-"

"Are you doubting how strong your son is?" Natsuo and Shoto entered the room finally seeing Enji and Asami facing each other with a worried Fuyumi watching from behind them.

"Of course not! He's my masterpiece! I-"

"Then give him a break, otherwise you will overuse your masterpiece, and he will become a broken piece that you won't be able to master." Asami folded her arms waiting for her father's response.

"Fine. Then you'll be training during his hours as well for the next week." The boys gaped

"What?" Shoto stepped up about to intervene when Asami beat him to it.

"Deal! Now do your end too!" She grinned widely.

"Tch." Enji turned to face his youngest son walking over with a glare upon his flame-covered face. "Happy birthday. For today, you may have my credit card, and for the rest of the week a break from training. You're not allowed to train by yourself or with anyone else during this time. Understand? Good." He left the room

"Asami what did you do?" Natsuo walked over lifting the six years old from off the table.

"I do what I do best! Give tou-san a deal he can't refuse!" She grinned.

"Why would you do that? What were you thinking!?" Shoto was not happy.

"Sho-nii. You needed a break. Since December, you've been pushing yourself so much. I see you freeze up from frostbite and you're hurting yourself every day and won't take a break! And I hate it!" The temperature spiked as a small flame popped up in Asami's hair "You can get sick and I don't want you to get sick, so if this is the only way to let you rest then I'll do it all over again! Fuyu-nee said rest is important but you're not taking any so I'm making you take one!" By the end of her yelling Asami's hand was coated in ice and half her hair in flames.