~ Chapter 48 ~

Third pov

"It's obvious isn't it? Fake heroes..." Asami elaborated to Shigaraki.

Bakugou's eyes widened and he was about to yell at Asami when he felt her clench tightly to the back of his shirt just before she let go and stood in front of him.

A distraction? Time! She's buying us time from whatever the fuck crusty has in mind! He quickly caught on but kept his shocked look to keep selling the act.

"Fake heroes you say?" Shigaraki looked thoughtful for a few moments before he seemed to remember something "Ah, that's right... You lost over half your classmates in a bombing, and heroes were no where to be found...they left you and all your friends to die huh?" He grinned chuckling until he saw the dark look Asami was giving him.

"I'm sure I heard you mention a teacher, so that means you're not the big boss. And I'm pretty sure your sensei can find a replacement."

"Are you threatening me?!"

"No...but if you keep speaking of my friends death like it's a joke. I'm going to show you first hand what it's like to turn to dust!" Again Asami's hair flared with flames.

"Hoho, no fear whatsoever! Even in the face of an adversary." Compress chuckled looking at Dabi "I see why you like her." His only response was a glare.

No, that's not true. She's fucking terrified! She's bringing up shit she doesn't want to relive to keep up the distraction! Bakugou bit his lip glancing at the door behind him. Damn it! I need to get us out of his shit hole! I could use heavy firepower but chances are that wrap fucker will stop it, but if he focuses on me then Asami might have a chance to light this place on fire too!

Bakugou's thoughts halted when two strong knocks on the door brought his and everyone's attention to it. All eyes turned to the door in confusion.

"Hello! Pizza delivery!" The place went silent. No one moved.

"SMMMMAAASSSHHHH!" Bakugou's eyes widened. His body reacted before his mind caught onto what he was doing.

As All Might smashed into the side of the building Bakugou had pulled Asami into his arms using his height advantage over her to cover her head. In doing so he had covered her ears reducing the sound of a wall crumbling to pieces a bit for her. She held tightly to him shaking with her eyes screwed shut tightly.

You're not there! You're not there! Count, count Asami! She chanted to herself as she took breaths and began her backwards counting.

"Kurogiri!"

"Gate-" Kurogiri was cut off by a kick to his neck so hard it rattled him sending him not unconscious but on the verge of it. He was dazed but no one could tell.

"Lacquered, Chains Prison!" Wood shot out of Kamui Woods hands, heading straight for the villains and holding them all in place.

"Wood?" Dabi was spun around as he got wrapped forcing him to face everyone "You think wood will-" He got his flames ready only to be dealt with the same faith as Kurogiri. A strong kick to his face instead of being dazed though he was out cold.

He slumped just as Asami turned to face him eyes wide. It really was his voice!

Is it really...? Before she could fully access him to deny it as someone with a similar tone (again), her attention was taken by All Might.

"The conference and the timing- this was all planned?!" Compress struggled in realization.

"It's not just us." More heroes entered the building through the back door making sure the villains knew they were surrounded.