Welcome 'Home'

On a monday morning at 6 a.m, I woke up from a dreamless sleep. Mornings are usually my favorite time of day since I get to see the sunrise and the beautiful blue sky. I love to see happy people walk by my house, wishing to be in their shoes.

I am a very closed off person when it comes to public surroundings. I do not want to draw any attention to myself since there is no need to feel important. Getting ready, I put on black jeans, a soft white button up shirt, black shoes and brushed my (h/l) (h/c) hair. My mother and father impatiently wait while I prepared my belongings together for another year at Hogwarts that I call home. "(Y/n)!! Hurry up! We don't have all day to wait for you!" my father shouted from down stairs. "Sorry dad, I'll be there in 2 min. You guys can wait for me in the car." I am respectful towards everyone because I feel like everyone deserves a chance to feel respected. Even though my parents are not happy with having a child, I try my best to impress them by doing chores like cooking meals, grocery shopping, etc., but nothing seems to satisfy my parents at all.

When we arrive at the station, I get out of the car with my belongings and turn to face my parents. "Drive safe." I say while waving goodbye and a smile on my face. "Yeah, bye." my mother said, not even looking at me. I was about to say something but my dad drove off, leaving me feeling sad and useless in the family. One thing my parents didn't know...is that school didn't start for another 2 weeks.

Sometimes during the summer when my parents are arguing or want me out of the house, I go to the one person who can help me out, Professor Mcgonagall. I know how to apparate to places but refuse to use it unless it is necessary. I apparate in front of a soft white house with a rocking chair outside on the porch. A small black kitten with white paws approaches me.

"Hello mittens, it's good to see you again." I say, crouching down to pet mittens. Mittens purrs and lays on the grass to enjoy the sun while it is still out. I get up and walk towards the door. I ring the bell twice and within a few seconds later, a tall woman with a dark green nightgown, a long black robe tied around her waist, and fluffy white slippers opens the door.

"Oh hello dear, are you alright? Please come in." Mcgonagall says while stepping aside to let me in.

Professor Mcgonagall takes me inside her home and treats me as her own daughter. I cannot thank her enough for taking me in because the professor is like a mother to me as well. Mcgonagall knows more about me than my real mother, especially my condition.

"I'm alright Professor, thank you. I'm sorry for bothering you. I just needed to get out of the house since my parents don't want me there. I made an excuse that school begins today and they drove me to the station but after they left, I apparated here." I say calmly.

"But school doesn't start for another 2 weeks dear." Mcgonagall says with a confused face.

"I know, but if I left the house for a day, then I will have to go back home the next day and hear their arguments again. I'm sorry, but, is it okay if I can spend the next 2 weeks here until school starts? I won't cause any trouble professor. I can pinky swear if that's what it takes to make you believe me." I plead while holding out my pinky in front of the professor.

"No need to...'pinky swear'...if that's what you call it. You can stay here, besides, I have made a room just for you. I decorated it myself but you can change a few things if you like dear." Mcgonagall leads the way down the hall and turns left to show me the room she was talking about. Mcgonagall turned to face me, but I had my eyes wide open and became speechless. The room had a fluffy black carpet, an already made full size bed in the far left corner with (f/c) sheets and blankets, galaxy covered pillow cases, a white colored night stand between the window and bed with an elegant lamp on top, a medium sized closet for my clothes in the right side of the room, and my own personalized bathroom across the room next to the bedroom door.

"I-I...I c-can't believe you actually m-made a room for me. T-Thank y-you professor." I muttered while hugging Mcgonagall and holding back the tears that started to form in my eyes. I never felt this special back at home. I just wanted to feel loved by my parents. I love my parents, but I can't say the same for them towards me.

"Please, call me Minerva dear. You deserve the very best. Go on, take a look around the room while I start making you some tea. Oh, and I have one more thing for you." Minerva said. Suddenly a small gift box appeared on the palm of her hand. I took the box and opened it to find a custom made bracelet with gold beads that spelled out my name.

"Thank you! I'll keep it forever. I don't have a gift for you though, I'm sorry." I say, suddenly feeling guilty and looking towards the floor.

"Nonsense, your presence is a gift that I will cherish, for I will always take care of you. Now...let's discuss your hair over tea. What did your parents say to make it look...white?" Minerva says while holding strands of my hair in front of her face.

I forgot about the situation since my mind was focused on how nice Minerva was towards me.

'Right...my condition.' I thought while walking to the dining table.