Broken

Having someone by your side is a special feeling. But when they leave, your alone again. Broken and alone.
It's not a great feeling at all.

"It was tony who found you (y/n)." Liz couldn't look me in the eyes anymore.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if it was true. It couldn't be true. It's not true...is it?

"Liz, this isn't funny! Tell me who it really was! I know you hated him, so why would you make up lies that aren't true!?" I'm expecting another name come out of her mouth. It hasn't sunk in yet, but I'm starting to think that she is telling the truth.

"We're so sorry dear." Minerva put her hand on my shoulder but I slapped her hand away.

"No! You all hated him! You're all trying to blame him for what he did to me! You have no ri-"

"I AM TELLING YOU THE TRUTH! I'M NOT TRYING TO GET HIM INTO MORE TROUBLE. DO YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE HE'S DEAD! HE'S DEAD (Y/N)!" Liz couldn't help but yell at me since I didn't want to accept it.

My eyes grew wide the second she finished the sentence. I became speechless. I didn't want to move at all. My heart ached for it to be a lie. But my mind is starting to comprehend everything so fast.

"Ms. (L/n)?" Pomfrey spoke up.

I didn't answer her.

"Ms. (L/n)?" Minerva tried placing her hand on my shoulder but Severus stopped her.

"Don't get too close." Severus stood up from the bed and took a few steps back.

"What is going on?" Minerva asks Severus. She had a worried look on her face.

"She's a girl, you know how they are." Severus placed his hands behind his back like usual, waiting for anything to happen.

I mutter something under my breath but no one can hear it clearly.

"I'm sorry dear?" Pomfrey quietly spoke.

"YOU'RE ALL LYING!" Without even think twice, I walked towards Severus because I need to punch someone right now.

I threw a fist at him but he instantly grabbed my wrist with the smoothest reflex I have ever seen. He didn't even flinch.

"LET ME GO! I CAN'T DO THIS RIGHT NOW!" My eyes started getting watery, which makes it harder to see. My lips trembled and my voice was getting quieter.

I fell to my knees and covered my mouth with my hand.

"No! He couldn't have done it. He cou-"
I couldn't finish my sentence. I started sobbing uncontrollably.

Still holding my wrist, Severus kneeled down and hugged my weak body. He pulled me on his lap when he sat on the ground. I couldn't stop crying on his shoulder. My muffled screams were not stopping anytime soon. Once it sank in, I started hitting Severus on the chest, but he didn't stop me this time.

"I-, Why d-, I  thought he-" I didn't know what to say.

"He did it because he cared for you." Severus quietly said.

"He wanted to talk to you (y/n)." Liz kneeled down and put her hand on my shoulder.

I calmed down after a moment of breathing heavily from all the screaming I let out. I slowly turned my head towards Liz while still laying on his shoulder.

"Why?" I asked in a whisper. My lips still trembling.
Just by the memory of him, I start to cry again. I knew his shoulder is soaking wet but I don't think he minds right now. After another half hour of crying, I try pulling myself together but it was impossible. I normalize my breathing and take one deep breath after. After a few minutes, I look at Liz again.