Memory

It's been a week ever since I woke up and it's hard getting caught up in classes. Missed assignments are overdue and it's not fun at all when you're trying to make it up. Liz has been helping me get caught up but sometimes she gets distracted without realizing it. I do the same, I can't blame her.

When I heard that I can go back into my dormitory, I immediately ran to my room to see Clutz. I haven't realized that Liz has been taking care of Clutz for me. She's the best.

I have been sleeping in my own room since 3 days ago since I feel like I'm bothering Severus too much. I have been getting nightmares here and there but not that much anymore. Sometimes I hear this voice when I sleep and its bothering me. I want to try and figure it out but whenever I try to follow that voice, I wake up. Maybe I need to focus.

While I'm thinking of ways to get to that voice, I forgot Liz and I are doing homework. We're in my dormitory studying and finishing homework at the same time to at least improve my learning skills for the test coming up.

"(Y/n)? Are you even paying attention?" Liz stood up from the bed and put her hands on her waist, waiting for me to answer.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, sorry. Just thinking, that's all. Can we continue this later today? I think I need a nap. Stress is just not a good thing for me right now, you know?" I shrug my shoulders.

"I understand, its been stressful this past week for you. I'm sorry if I'm not able to be enough help. I mean, your almost caught up. Let me know when you want to start again alright?" Liz puts her hand on my shoulder to assure me that it's going to be okay. Liz's gestures are wonderful to have around me. She gives me a smile and starts putting away her things.
"I'll be in the common room if you need me. I need to copy off some notes from someone." Once she's all cleaned up, she turns around and starts walking to the door.

"Before you go Liz," I stopped her when she was almost out the door.
"What did he say?" I ask out of random.
"When he...you know. Before he left." I didn't know how to say it. I mean I did know how to say it but I just didn't want to.

She stopped in her tracks but didn't turn around to face me. Her head lowered as if I said something insulting towards her.

"Liz?" I ask when she hasn't responded. She stood there while staring at the floor. I wonder if it was a bad time to ask.

She sighed and finally spoke.
"I think you should see for yourself."
She turned around and gave me a sad smile.
"That is, if you're ready of course." She shrugged her shoulders.

'Am I ready?'

I look towards my hands and thought about it. I'm still not past the death of Tony. Why would I be ready for something like this?
"I don't know Liz. I don't think I can do this on my own." A tear suddenly rolls down my cheek. I haven't even noticed it.

Liz closes the door again and sits down on the bed. She has her thinking cap on and I'm waiting to see if it lights up any ideas that can help.

As I exam her posture, I notice she has a glint of hope in her eyes. Her head slightly tilts up and a smile is slowly appearing on her face.

'This can either be really good or really bad. Its Liz, so it can be both.'

"You don't have to do it alone. I have an idea." Liz jumps up from the bed.
"I'll be back." Liz suddenly rushes out of the room and unintentionally slams the door behind her.

'...okay?'

While I'm waiting for Liz, I don't have anything else to do so I work on my homework again.
Luckily, I got it done, but I still need to study. I look at the time and it's been an hour since she left.