Temptation

⚠️⚠️ sexual content ⚠️️⚠️

As I'm laying on the grass, I haven't realized I've been out here for an hour. It's still dark outside but I won't sneak back in since a Professor could be hall monitoring right now. It's too risky.

I'm staring at the brighter star once again, admiring its beauty.

"What are we looking at!?"

I scream and jump to a sitting position.
I cover my mouth when I realized it was a loud scream. I immediately turn my head towards the location of the voice. Of course, it had to be the one and only Liz.

"Liz! What are you doing here!?" I yell in a whisper.

"I could ask you the same thing." She's kneeling on the grass in her pink and white polka dot pajamas and folding her arms against her chest.

"I couldn't sleep, so I came out here for a bit." I calm down from the sudden jump scare and start talking normally.
"Why are you here?" I ask again.

"Couldn't sleep either." She shrugs her shoulders. She lies down on her back next to me and sighs.

"Is something wrong?" I ask when her mood changed from happy to nothing at all. She's always this crazy, happy, loving girl everyday. I dont know what changed. She's been sad the past few days. Maybe even weeks.

"No, not really. Just thinking, you know?" She says quietly. I start to wonder what kind of thoughts are going through her head that's making her this way.

"Wanna talk about it?" I lie back down next to her.

"Well," she starts. She moves to lay on her side to look at me. Her hand and arm are supporting her head. She starts plucking out the grass below her.
"What if I'm not good enough for Fred?"

"What do you mean?" I ask with a worried voice.

"What if he doesn't want to be with me?Do you think he even likes me? What if he's using me to replace Angelina? Does he even love me? Is he faki-"

"Woah calm down." I interrupt her.
Those questions have been eating her up these past weeks.
"Liz. I know you miss him a lot. What makes you think he doesn't want you?" I move to lay on my side as well.

"Well my main question is simple. Out of all the beautiful women he has walked by, why did he choose me?"
She lays on her back and watches the night sky, tracing invisible lines to connect the stars with her finger.

"I could ask myself the same thing." I lie back down as well, watching the stars. We stay in comfortable silence thinking of many possible reasons.

Not long after, Liz breaks the silence.
"Sometimes I wonder if I am just a replacement for his broken heart, and when its healed," Liz looks away so I wouldn't see the tear run down the side of her face.
"He'll leave me as if I was nothing in the first place."

I didn't notice tears were forming in the corner of my eyes when I realized that she's been through a situation like that before. This girl has gone through some things that she hasn't told me about. She's always happy and outgoing but deep down inside, she's been hiding her pain all this time.

"I'm sorry (y/n), I didn't mean to ruin your night. I just had to get it off my chest." She says while wiping away her tears.

"Don't be sorry. I'm glad you said something about it. I just didn't know you were heartbroken from the past." I hold her hand to comfort her.

"But your not a replacement for Fred. I know he wants to be with you because he has never seen Angelina the same way he looks at you. His eyes sparkle and his cheeks turn pink whenever you look at him. He may not have words to express his feelings for you, but he's a person to show it, if you know what I mean." I wiggle my eyebrows at her.