Lucius

It's been a day since I've been able to sleep properly and I haven't spoken to anyone except Pomfrey, who has gone through a bit of tough times with me since I won't cooperate on much, even when it comes to healing after a few complications on the operating table.

I'm just laying down on my left side facing the other beds in the hospital wing. I have several plastic cups filled with water that Pomfrey left for me to drink but I always refuse them.

"Ms. (L/n), you need to stay hydrated dear. I know you're not well, but you can't do this to yourself." Pomfrey holds out another cup of water but I just turn on my other side to look away from her.

"I want to be alone." I say quietly. I never want to leave this bed, except to use the bathroom, but I know one day I'll need to stop my own father from finding Liz if I don't do anything about it.

"I'll leave it here for you. When I come back I want to see it empty." She places the cup on the table next to me, close enough where I can reach. After she left, I turn back around and stare at the cups, just looking at the white color and the droplets of water sliding down to the stand. My eyelids are becoming heavy just from staring but hearing the doors burst open made me jump and fully awake.

"(Y/n)! You're alive!" Liz shouts from the doors. I turn around on the bed and watch as she makes her way towards me with a worried look on her face. I remember that I need to keep her safe even if it will kill me. I can't let her be in the hands of my filthy father.

I groan in pain when I sit up slowly since I have an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and abdomen. I open my arms wide for Liz when she finally reaches my bed. She jumps on the bed and wraps her arms around me while I let tears fall on her shirt when I finally see her and have her in my arms, safe for now from the hideous monster.

"I'm so sorry, I heard what happened." Liz whispers in my ear. She has a few tears but tries to keep herself together and hugs me tighter.

I really want to tell her but I'm not sure if she'll react differently than I'm expecting. I had to choose between Liz or my own child and I couldn't lose them both, but I guess I was going to end up losing one of them either way.

"Liz?"

"Yeah?" She pulls back from the hug and looks me in the eyes. I don't want to freak her out but I need to keep her safe.

"I love you, you know that right?" I whisper quietly and look around to see if anyone is around.

"Of course. Besties forever, right?" She shows a sad smile and looks toward my stomach. I still am an emotional wreck whenever someone reminds me of this horrible feeling.

"Right." I hold both her hands in between us, squeezing them tight and try to think of a way to tell her the problem.

"What's wrong?" Liz asks when I stay silent for a bit.
Before I could speak, Minerva came through the doors and looks at me. An idea popped up in my head, and I know it will work.

Minerva came closer and placed a hand on Liz's shoulder.
"Are you alright Ms. (L/n)?" Minerva asks softly. I nod my head and try not to cry about losing someone special. I can't let that get to me right now.

"Minerva, I need you to do me a huge favor, please." I look at Minerva with pleading eyes, hoping she will agree with me.

"Anything dear." She smiles.

"I need you to keep Liz safe. You need to hide her until I say so. Please do this for me."

"Wait. What? What's going on?" Liz looks at me confused and scared. I let go of her hands and grab her shoulders.