4

It's a week later, Emma got the job as sheriff even though she still thinks it's a bad idea; they are the only place hiring. She had just worked all day and night, driving home at 1 in the morning. As she pulled the bar door open, she saw Regina wiping the sides of the bar down.

"Can't you read? We're closed, get out" Regina said with a sigh, not bothering to look at whoever it was.

"Just me passing through" Emma sighed tiredly, kicking the door closed behind her.

"Oh, hi" Regina said as she looked round quickly, watching her walking closer. She saw how tired and exhausted the blonde look, chuckling at the sight. "You look like shit"

"Thanks" Emma tiredly said, rolling her eyes at the comment. Regina laughed a little at the sight, scrubbing down at the sticky counter. "I was hoping you'd be open, I could really use a drink"

"It's 1 in the morning, even we don't stay open that late"

"Yeah, I know"

"If your buying, I'll let you have a drink" Regina offered, knowing she was going to stay up drinking for another hour anyway.

"Deal, I'll have scotch" Emma replied, dragging her body to the counter in exhaustion.

"I gathered" Regina chuckled, walking around the bar to grab the bottle. She placed two glasses on the counter as she made her way back to the stools. She placed the bottle down and sat beside the blonde, pouring them both a large scotch each. "Here, drink up quick because I don't want to talk to you"

"Cheers, I guess" Emma sighed as she rolled her eyes, lifting the glass to her lips.

They sat in silence as they drank, just looking at the wall ahead. Regina thought of the stressful day she had at work while her sister was on a date. Emma thought about the assholes she had to deal with on her second shift as sheriff. They both had rough and long days, just needing this drink. As Regina finished her drink, she placed the glass down and looked at the blonde.

"Another?"

"Always?"

Regina laughed as she grabbed the bottle, pouring each of them a second drink. They both clinked the glasses and took a sip. Emma sighed and propped her head up, feeling sorry for herself.

"I know I said I don't want to talk to you but I'd rather that then having to watch you mope about" Regina said with a sigh, looking across at the blonde.

"It's my second shift and they all hate me already, every single one of them" Emma replied, knowing the brunette didn't care but needing to vent.

"Well you aren't the most likeable" Regina said with a smirk, sipping her drink while looking forward again.

"Whoa, thanks. You're amazing at advice"  Emma sarcastically said, huffing as she looked away from the woman.

"I'd say I'm kidding but I don't like you" Regina sassed, chucking the last of her drink back. Emma rolled her eyes and done the same, knowing the brunette wouldn't be any help. "Why do you care if they like you anyway"

"Because I'm their boss" Emma sighed with a confused look, knowing the answer is obvious.

"So? You think everyone who works for me, actually likes me? Of course not but you don't see me bitching about it" Regina replied with a shrug, pouring the pair another drink.

"Yeah but you're a bitch, you must be use to people not liking you" Emma said with a sigh, waiting impatiently for her next drink.

"Excuse me" Regina asked in an offended tone, frowning towards the blonde.

"Oh don't act like you're hurt, you already knew this" Emma replied, lifting the scotch to her lips. Regina just rolled her eyes and drank her drink, taking a bigger gulp than usual. "I guess you're right though, I don't need them to like me"

"It's not like you're going to be there long. People on the run tend to move about a lot" Regina simply said, looking forward to hide her small grin.

"I'm not on the run"

"People on the run say that"

"So do people who aren't. Look, I'm just trying to keep under the radar. I have a crazy ex who I don't want finding me" Emma sighed, knowing she can't have people know she's on the run.

"Is that the FBI officer" Regina asked with a small glance to the blonde, knowing she wasn't that bothered.

"Yes" Emma replied reluctantly, needing her life to remain private.

"Then that's called on the run" Regina said with a laugh, lifting her glass to her lips. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I simply don't care enough about you to talk about you"

"You know, you are just filled with back handed comments" Emma sighed, not sure what else she expected from the brunette.

"If you were that bothered, you'd leave" Regina said, chuckling as she glanced at the annoyed blonde.

"I'm only here because I need a drink" Emma simply replied, chucking back the rest of her drink.

"Well we have ran out, I'll go get another bottle from out back" Regina said, standing up to feel the alcohol effecting her head.

"Alright. I'm going to check on Margot, make sure she's ok and sleeping" Emma added as she stood up, also feeling how much she had drank.

Emma ran upstairs while Regina went out back. The brunette went over to tomorrows stock and took out a bottle of scotch, picking her favourite one out. She then walked back out and over to the bar, seeing Emma wasn't back yet. She poured them both another drink and sat down, really feeling the alcohol now. Emma was then heard coming down the stairs.

"I poured you a drink. How's Margot" Regina asked, glancing towards the blonde walking towards her.

"She's asleep, thanks" Emma replied as she sat down, lifting the glass straight to her lips. Regina was just looking at the blonde, thinking intensely. As Emma placed her drink down, she noticed the brunette. She looked across with a confused face, seeing it didn't change the brunettes stare. "What"

"I think I want to try something again" Regina said, stilling staring intensely as she thought.

"Yeah, what's that" Emma asked, looking back in front of her to take a drink.

Before the glass reached the blondes lips, Regina cupped her cheek and moved her head to face her. In the same move, she kissed Emma. Neither wasted time before deepening the kiss, holding each others faces closer. They were too drunk to care about the hatred between them, they were both just very good at kissing. Emma moved down to the brunettes neck, placing her hands over her hips. Regina gripped tighter onto the blonde locks as she felt her skin in Emma's mouth.

"Mmm, let's go to my place" Regina whispered into her ear, tightening her grip as the blonde bit her neck gently.

"Why your place" Emma asked between kisses, knowing last time was at hers.

"We don't have to be quiet" Regina replied with a smirk, trailing her hand down the blondes body.