7

It's the next morning, Emma was getting ready for work. She walked into the lounge to find Margot slipping into her shoes.

"Morning, kid" Emma said with a smile, walking towards the kitchen area.

"Morning. How was work last night" Margot asked, knowing she had an early night before her mother even finished.

"It was work, nothing special" Emma replied with a chuckle, hating her job more than any other. "You finish early today, right"

"Yeah, 1:30 for half day"

"Alright, I finish at 2 so I will meet you back here"  Emma replied, originally planning to pick her up normal time. Margot nodded at the plan as she stood up, lifting her bag onto her shoulder. Emma tossed her a breakfast bar and kept one for herself, heading towards the door. "Come on, kid, let's go"

"Coming" Margot called out, following behind as she shoved the bar into her mouth.

The pair headed out the apartment and down the stairs. As they walked into the bar, Reina was stood cleaning the sides. She glanced up and noticed the pair, smiling to see them.

"Good morning, you two" Reina happily said, tossing the rag over her shoulder as she leaned on the counter.

"Morning, can I have a bottle of water please" Margot sweetly asked, just as she had every morning.

"Of course" Reina chuckled as she placed it on the counter, having it already. Margot got her purse out but Reina placed her hand over it, shaking her head. "Don't worry, sweetie, you don't have to pay"

"Thank you, Reina" Margot said with a relieved smile, knowing she didn't have any money; she was going to borrow some from Emma. Regina came down stairs, tired as she hadn't slept much that night. "Hi, Regina"

"Hi, shorty" the brunette said with a chuckle,ruffling the young blondes hair. She looked at Emma and thought of the man following her last night, it had bothered her as to how Emma knew. "Swan, I need to talk to you"

"Do I have to" Emma sighed tiredly, turning her nose up at the thought.

"I'm sorry, did I start that statement with your majesty, may I" Regina asked in a sassy tone, raising an eyebrow at the blonde.

"Fine but be quick, I have work" Emma said dramatically, following the woman out back. They closed the door behind them and stepped a little away, not wanting to be heard. "What do you want"

"How'd you know what that guy looked like" Regina curiously asked, a stern look to show she wanted an answer.

"It doesn't matter, just a lucky guess" Emma sighed in attempt to cover her false statement.

"No, Swan, that's not a lucky guess, you knew what he looked like" Regina replied in a stern voice, hating that she was lied to.

"Why do you care, you don't even like me"

"You're right, I don't"

"So, we're done here then" Emma simply said, turning to walk back to the door.

"Swan" Regina huffed, grabbing the blondes shoulder to stop her.

"What, huh? Why do you care, Regina" Emma asked in annoyance, spinning round to be stood close to the brunette.

"Because I'm not a monster, I do care if you get kidnapped or killed" Regina replied with a snap, looking at the blonde like she's crazy.

"I have a shit past, that's it. It's not your business so stay out of it" Emma warned with a frown, stepping even closer to help threaten her.

"Well excuse me for being worried" Regina huffed, throwing her hands up in a sarcastic surrender.

"You're not worried, you're just nosy" Emma sighed in annoyance, not believing the brunette cared.

"That's what you think? Well, fuck you then! Go out and get taken, see what I care" Regina snapped in so much anger, storming back out into the bar.

Emma huffed loudly as she followed the woman out, seeing her heading up stairs already. Reina and Margot looked up a little confused at the pair, unsure what just happened. All they knew was Regina was angry and that was a usual occurrence.

"Come on, Margot, we'll be late" Emma awkwardly said, feeling worried they were overheard.

"Oh ok. Bye, Reina" Margot said with a smile, waving the nicer brunette goodbye.

"Bye, you two" Reina said, giving the Swans a smile as she waved them off.

Emma slung her arm around her daughter's shoulder as they walked out the bar. The car was parked a little down the road so the pair headed towards it. Emma pulled Margot closer as she ruffled her hair, using the young blonde to cheer her up.

"The Mills's have a soft spot for you" Emma said with a chuckle, knowing both of them love the young blonde.

"They are both sweet, even Regina is" Margot replied, giggling as she knew it was true.

"I wouldn't go that far"

"She is, mum, she just doesn't like you"

"You don't have to tell me" Emma laughed as she rolled her eyes, knowing it's obvious. She unlocked the car and walked around it, climbing into the driver's seat. "Regina's not sweet, she's a sarcastic, evil bitch"

"That's a bit harsh" Margot laughed in slight shock, surprised her mother thought of that. "She has a big heart, I can tell, she's just not good at showing it... Bit like you"

"I'm nothing like her" Emma quickly said, not liking that she was compared to someone she hates.

"You are. You have a huge heart but you hide it away to protect yourself. That's why you both keep helping each other, you secretly care" Margot said with a smile, knowing her mother better than she did.

Emma just chuckled and nudged the young girls shoulder, continuing down the road. The pair had always just had each other, no one ever stuck by them. It was obvious that the Mills sisters likes Margot, they found her sweet and funny. This made Emma a little more reassured; she knew that if she had to leave without her daughter, they wouldn't let her get hurt.