30

Emma and Margot had been sat waiting for over an hour, both nervous at what's to come. Emma had her daughter snuggled into her arms, keeping her close in order to help her relax.

"We're leaving, aren't we" Margot sadly asked, glancing up from her mother's shoulder.

"I don't know yet" Emma simply replied, pushing her hand through the blonde locks.

"Wait, we might stay" Margot quickly said, sitting up with a surprised smile across her face. Emma chuckled a little as she pumped her brows, still not sure if they are leaving. Margot smiled as she looked at her mother, knowing the reason why. "You love Regina, don't you"

Emma couldn't help the small smile growing on her face, looking away from the young blonde. Margot chuckled at the sight, knowing that was her mother's way of saying yes. She nudged the older woman's shoulder to get her attention.

"Don't look at me like that" Emma said with a small laugh, rolling her eyes in embarrassment.

"If there's even the tiniest possiblity, we have to stay. I don't want to loose Regina and Reina" Margot softly said, showing she held a strong place for them in her heart.

"I don't either, kid, but I have to think" Emma simply replied, looking at the ground as her mind trailed off.

She was in her thoughts for a little bit longer before finally taken out by Margot shaking her shoulder. Emma looked up to see the doctor she spoke to walking towards them. The pair stood up out of respect, the doctor shaking hands with Emma.

"Hi, sheriff Swan. This is Dr Carter, Regina's doctor" he informed, gesturing to the older woman beside him.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Is Regina ok" Emma asked in a polite but worried voice, shaking the other doctors hand.

"She's alive but there were a lot of complications involving her pregnancy and the bullet. Would you like to follow me to her room as we talk" Dr Carter requested, her face showing that this isn't a pleasant conversation.

"Oh thank God she's alive" Margot sighed in relief, using her mother's arm to keep her up. "What about Reina" she asked, beating her mother to the question.

"I'm not her doctor, I don't have any information but I will send a page to find out" Dr Carter replied, using the small pager as she began to walk.

"So what complications were there" Emma asked, fearing the worst for the brunettes future.

"The bullet hit her in the side of the stomach and ripped through a lot on its way through, including her womb. I'm afraid the baby didn't make it, it was actually gone before Regina even got shot; her body was under too much stress" Dr Carter started, her voice soft and calm as she knew this was tough news.

Emma looked in shock at the words, a wave of guilt hitting her. She could feel her eyes wanting to tear up but she refused to even show that. She felt awful that Regina lost her baby because of all this.

"Oh my god" Margot whispered, a horrified look across her face at this.

"I'm very sorry for the loss... There's more though. Thanks to where the bullet hit her, there's a strong chance her body won't be able to get pregnant again" Dr Carter added, glancing over her shoulder to see the upset blonde.

"What, no, that can't be" Emma quickly said, looking up at the woman like she's crazy.

"There was nothing we could do, I'm so sorry" Dr Carter softly replied, stopping just outside a door. She glanced through a window and gestured towards it, promoting the pair to do the same. "This is Regina room"