11

Regina was sat on the double bed in the small motel room, judging all of it. They only had single bedrooms left, no doubles, meaning the pair were sharing. Emma was in the bathroom, talking on the phone to Margot. The whole room was small and it wasn't the cleanest of places but it would do for the night.

"Mum, I'm fine. We are going to watch a movie then go to bed" Margot said with a sigh, knowing her mother is worrying too much.

"I know, Reina will look after you. Just be safe, kid, I'll be home tomorrow" Emma said, badly trying to hide the panic in her throat.

"I will, goodnight, mum" Margot said sweetly, a small giggle to show she was ok.

"Goodnight" Emma added, slowly moving the phone away to hang up. She sighed as her body relaxed a little more, she knew her daughter was safe. She walked out the bathroom to see Regina led on the bed, scrolling on her phone. "They're both ok"

"Good, I told you they would be" Regina replied with a small chuckle, not bothering to look up.

"Wanna start drinking" Emma asked, wanting something to keep her mind off everything.

"Is there anything to drink" Regina asked curiously, looking around the dusty old room.

"No idea, I'll go see if I can find something" Emma replied, heading towards the exit tiredly.

Regina chuckled as she watched, knowing they both need a drink. She looked back at her phone and scrolled through Facebook, not really looking at anything. She then saw a picture of her ex with a girl she didn't recognize, both showing their wedding rings. Above the photo it said just eloped! Regina had been  over this for awhile but to see how young  and beautiful the new girl is, it made her blood boil.

"You snaky bitch" Regina mumbled to herself, furious that her ex is doing better than her.

She didn't understand why but she was growing emotional at this, tearing up a little. She slammed the phone against the bed in anger, sitting up as she done so. Emma walked in to catch sight of it, a little surprised by the sudden anger.

"What's up" Emma asked with a slight chuckle of shock at the brunette.

"Long story" Regina replied, wiping her glassy eyes to hide she was hurting.

"Well, I couldn't find any alcohol so you might as well talk about it" Emma said tiredly, wiggling out her jacket to toss it on the chair.

"My ex wife just announced that she is married to a much younger and much more beautiful woman than me" Regina sighed in annoyance, tossing her head back against the pillow.

"You were married" Emma questioned, looking shocked at the thought of the brunette being married.

"Yep, 2 years but she cheated and we got a divorce. Now she's married to a tween" Regina replied, looking down as if she was the one embarrassed.

"Are you sure you're not just being dramatic? I mean, you're not that old and your actually really pretty" Emma awkwardly said, finding it strange to compliment the woman.

"I'm not, she's 21 and looks like Marilyn Monroe had a baby with Angelina Jolie" Regina replied with a half laugh, trying to not let it effect her.

"Yeah, that's hot"

"Thanks for your help"

Emma could see that Regina was actually hurt by this, effecting her more than she'd imagine. She walked over to the bed and climbed in beside her, lying down to look at the brunette. Regina glanced at her before she looked back at the ceiling, hating that she was still hurting from that heart break. Emma lifted Regina's phone up to see the post, looking at the ex and the new girl.

"Is this the new wife" Emma asked, pointing at the younger looking one in the photo. Regina nodded with a brief glance, looking back up at the dirt mark on the ceiling. "You know you're far more attractive than her? She's pretty but you're a lot hotter"

"You're funny" Regina said with a half laugh, not believing the blonde in any way.

"I'm serious, you're insanely hot. I mean, do you think I slept with you for your personality" Emma asked, chuckling as they both knew that was obvious.

"Thank you" Regina giggled, smiling a little as that actually helped cheer her up. They both just looked up at the ceiling, finally in a silence that wasn't awkward. Regina thought about her ex wife, thinking of the time when she was in love. "Have you ever fallen in love"

"No, I don't think so. I've never been in a serious relationship, in all honesty" Emma replied, knowing she doesn't have time to date.

"You look like the type to not have a serious relationship" Regina said with a chuckle, looking across the the blonde.

"Are you saying I look like someone who sleeps around" Emma asked with an eyebrow raise, turning to face the other woman.

"I'm not, not, saying you do" Regina replied, giving a little shrug as she giggled.

Emma shoved the brunettes shoulder gently with a laugh, rolling her eyes. They were both giggling and laughing together, knowing it's true. It felt strange to be laughing together, they usually just argued. Regina calmed down slowly as she looked at the blonde, confused why she was smiling a little. As Emma's laughter died a little, she noticed Regina looking at her. The brunette wasn't sure what to do so she just sat up, looking around the room. Near the TV was a radio, appearing as if it was paused. Regina stood up, walked over and pressed play; an old love song came on.

"What are you doing" Emma curiously asked, sitting up to see the radio.

Regina smiled at the song as she shook her hips, lip syncing the lyrics. Emma laughed a little as she rolled her eyes, lying back down to get her phone. Regina turned it up louder, catching the blonde's attention. Emma laughed more and watched Regina dance, never seeing her sober and letting loose.

"Come on, Swan, come dance" Regina said with a smirk, holding her hand out to the blonde.

"Did you find alcohol that I didn't see" Emma asked with a laugh, shocked at the crazy offer.

"Just come on" Regina replied, chuckling as she walked closer to grab the blondes hand.

Before Emma knew it, she was being dragged off the bed. They giggled together as Regina connected their bodies to dance. They swayed side to side as they chuckled. Regina spun the blonde away and pulled her back, causing her to laugh more. It felt nice to just be able to dance and laugh their problems away. Emma lifted her arm up and let the brunette spin under it, pulling her back into her body. This time their faces were very close, closer than before. Slowly, they both leaned in and connected their lips, kissing softly. As they pulled away, they couldn't help the small smile on their face.

"Why are you smiling" Emma asked with a small giggle, keeping their faces closer.

"Why are you" Regina asked back, moving back in to connect their lips.

This time it was deep and full of passion, holding each other closer. This was the first time they had been sober and attracted to each other enough to actually kiss. Regina slowly walked the blonde to the bed, pulling from the kiss to through her onto the it. She then climbed on top of Emma and pushed her hands through her hair, both moving to kiss each other again. This was nothing like before, this was an act of passion.