15

Later that evening, Regina was serving customers behinds the bar as her shift neared to an end. A man came up to the bar, giving a smirk as he approached. Regina placed a drink in front of the woman she just served, moving to be opposite him. He was a muscular man, very tall and held an angry expression to scare; his name was Rango.

"Can I help you" Regina asked, already suspicious of the man's behaviour.

"I'm looking for Emma Swan" Rango demands, using his deep voice to sound more scary.

"Name doesn't ring a bell" Regina replied casually, lifting a glass in order to clean it.

"She comes here every night and lives in one of the apartments upstairs" Rango said with authority, trying to intimate an answer from her.

"Lots of people come here every night. I don't know who lives upstairs, that's the other managers job and she's not here so sorry" Regina simply replied, showing the man she doesn't care enough to look up.

Rango glared in annoyance, reaching out to grab her face. He held it tight in order to look into her eyes, seeing slight fear in them. The sound of multiple guns clicking was heard. Before he could turn around, some smashed his head to the counter and held it there. Regina looked up to see Emma holding him down, a mix of fear and anger across her face. Margot was stood behind, unsure of how to react as she knew who that was.

"You move and this whole place will start shooting, Rango" Emma warned, confirming to the man just who she was.

"Emma, at last" Rango said in a cheery voice, trying to look round to see her. "I knew I'd find you here"

"Leave and don't come back, I'm serious" Emma said with an angry voice, pushing harder against the back of his neck.

"Then come with me, make all our lives easier" he laughed, knowing she wouldn't but it was fun to mess with her. Emma took her gun out and placed it to his temple, so much anger in her body. "You wouldn't"

"Wouldn't I?"

"Emma! Don't!" Regina quickly said, stepping closer in order to be seen. Emma didn't look up or anything, just holding her finger above the trigger. "If you shoot, he wins. Swan, don't do this... At least not in front of your daughter" Those final words hit the blonde enough to make her look up, locking eyes with the brunette. "Move the gun away"

Emma hesitated a few seconds before doing as she was told, slowly slipping it into her pocket. Regina sighed in relief, knowing the horror that would have came from that. Emma grabbed the back of Rango's shirt collar, dragging him up straight. She looked into his eyes, knowing them better than she wanted.

"Tell him to eat shit and drop dead" Emma demanded, tossing the man away from her.

"Anything else?" Rango sarcastically said, laughing as he walked backwards towards the exit.

"Feel free to do the same" Emma added, watching his every move in case he done something. Rango left the bar and began walking away, giving a happy wave as he passed the window. The whole bar relaxed, all curious at what just happened. Margot quickly ran over and hugged her mother, scared of what just happened. "It's ok, I'm sorry you saw that"

Emma held her daughter close, not wanting to ever let go now. She placed a kiss on her daughter's head as she squeezed, fearing the young blondes life more than her own. She pulled away to look at Margot, holding her shoulders in a soft grip.

"I don't want to leave yet" Margot said in an almost begging tone, knowing she's never wanted to stay so badly.

"Me neither" Emma replied, looking up at the worried brunette watching from behind the bar. She moved to hold her daughter's hand, walking over to the counter. "Thank you, Regina"

"Thank you for helping" Regina added, unable to form another emotion other than fear. She had so much she wanted to say and ask, trying to get anything out. The one thing she didn't want said was the one that came blurting out. "Don't leave"

Emma just looked into her eyes with slight shock at this, not expecting Regina would say that. The pair stayed in there stare, showing each other that they had feelings for the other. Emma finally broke the stare by looking away, turning to face Margot.

"Go on upstairs, I'll be up soon" Emma instructed, gesturing for the young blonde to start walking. Margot did as she was told, knowing the pair need to talk. Once gone, Emma looked round to see someone was stitching places with the brunette. "Gina, can we talk"

"My shift has just finished" Regina replied, glancing over from the back room door way. Emma just looked into her eyes with a beg, really needing this. "Come on" Regina sighed, using her head to gesture the blonde to come her with.

Emma followed the brunette out back, heading over to the sofa placed there. Regina sat down and patted the spot beside her, watching the blonde sit. They stayed quiet, neither knew what to say. As Emma's eyes moved beside her, she saw the brunettes hand rest there. She moved her own closer to it, lifting her little finger to rest above the brunettes. Regina looked across at there hands, quickly changing to the green set of eyes. Without moving their heads, their hands began to interlock with each others.

"Why do you want me to stay" Emma finally asked, trying not to think about their hands together.

"I don't know" Regina simply replied, giving the most truthful answer she could. "Do you have feelings for me"

"I don't know"

"There seems to be a lot of 'I don't know's between us" Regina pointed out, knowing they both just don't want to admit anything.

"No one has ever had my back or cared the way you do... Yes, I do have feelings for you" Emma finally admitted, hating that she was allowing all this. Regina looked a little shocked; not because she expected a no, she just wasn't expecting a yes. "D-do you"

Regina just kept quiet, trying to force herself to answer. The words, no matter how hard she tried, wouldn't come out. Instead she placed her free hand over the blondes cheek, leaning in to kiss her. As their lips sat almost together, she stopped and thought.

"Yes" is all Regina could get out, her body fighting to keep the words inside.

Both closed the gap between them, sharing a slow kiss that held their passion. Neither liked that they had feelings, they just knew they'd fought them off long enough.