29

Emma ran into the hospital, fear across her face. She had no shirt as it was over Regina's bullet wound. Her hands, body and trousers were covered in blood, not just hers. Many doctors looked round in shock, rushing over to help.

"I'm fine, two girls put there have been shot and I need your help. They need wheelchairs or something" Emma quickly said, pointing towards the door she walked through.

"They will sort them out, are you ok" a doctor asked in concern, not use to such a sight walking in.

"I'm fine, just come on quickly" Emma hurried, running back outside the hospital doors. She ran over to her car where she saw them getting Reina out, they hadn't got to Regina yet. Emma rushed to her door and opened it, seeing the half awake brunette in pain. "Come on, Gina, I'm gonna get you out"

"No, it hurts" Regina quickly said, pushing the blondes hands away from her.

"I know but we need you out this car in order to stop it hurting" Emma softly replied, brushing her hand against the brunettes cheek.

"Kiss me... Just in case I don't make it" Regina asked in an almost begging tone to her shaky voice.

"You're going to make it"

"Please, Swan"

Emma could resist the look in the woman's eyes. She leaned down and placed a soft kiss against Regina's lips, holding her face gently. It slowly deepened as the pair used the little strength they had left. It last a few seconds before Emma split their lips, looking into the brown eyes. She remembered how she never got the chance to actually say the words I love you to Regina. As she opened her mouth to speak, doctors came rushing round to help.

"Come on, it's time" Emma softly said, slipping her hands under the brunettes body.

"Don't let me go" Regina whispered in fear, her weak hands clinging to the blondes body.

"I got you, it's ok" Emma said in a reassuring voice, kicking the door closed. The doctors looked a little confused, knowing they need to take her. "Make sure my daughter is ok, I'll take her in"

"Ma'am, we need-"

"Just please check my daughter" Emma cut in, showing that she can't let go of the brunette.

The doctor nodded as he went to see the young blonde. Emma carried Regina into the hospital, soon being guided to a bed to lie her on. As Emma lowered her, Regina's grip tightened.

"Promise me you'll still be here when I wake up" Regina requested, knowing exactly what the blonde is like.

"I will now please let go" Emma quickly said, resting the brunettes body on the bed.

"No, actually promise me. I know what your like, Swan, you run... Please don't run" Regina quickly said, too scared to let go of the blonde.

"I promise I will be here when you wake up" Emma softly said, looking into the eyes of the woman she care too much about.

Regina smiled a little as she let go, allowing the blonde to stand. All doctors jumped into action, wheeling the injured brunette straight to surgery. Emma knew she had to stay, she couldn't leave after that promise.

"Mum" Margot shouted, slipping through two doctors to run to the blonde. Emma caught her daughter in a tight hug, sighing in relief at the feeling. "Mum, I'm so scared"

"I know, kid, so am I" Emma replied in a badly hidden cracked voice, her breathing heavier than usual.

"Ma'am, due to this being a gunshot, we have to contact the authorities" a doctor informed, knowing it's the rules for something like this.

"It's ok, I'm sheriff" Emma replied, showing her badge that was still in the car.

"Oh, well, I guess the authorities already know" the doctor awkwardly chuckled, not expecting the sheriff.

"What's going to happen, are they both in surgery" Emma asked, keeping her daughter close to her body.

"Yes, they have gone straight to operation rooms. We need to check you and your daughter out for any injuries or fatal wounds, will you come with us" the doctor kindly asked, gesturing towards a set of beds.

"That's fine but can I change first, I think I got some clothes in the back of my car" Emma asked in an awkward tone, gesturing to her half baked body.

"I'm afraid not. If there are any injuries on you, swapping clothes may make it worse. We can take you to a more private room so others can't see you" the doctor replied softly, pointing towards a private room.

"Ok, thank you" Emma said with a polite smile, starting to follow the man.

"Wait, mum" Margot quietly said, pulling her mother to stop walking. "We can tell them everything and end this. They will call the police and we know where to tell them to go"

"Kid, we tried that before and it didn't work, they're long gone by now" Emma softly said, knowing the group move quickly in this situation. Margot sighed as she followed her mother, heading into the private room. They both sat beside each other on the bed, allowing the doctors to check them. Margot was holding her mother's hand tightly, shaking a little. "Hey, Margot, it's ok"

"Mum, what if they die" Margot asked in a cracked voice, her watery eyes looking into her mother's.

"Don't think about that, they are both very strong women" Emma said in a reassuring voice, trying to convince herself as well.

"Reina wasn't even awake when we got here" Margot said, her trembling voice growing hard to understand.

"Can we have a minute please" Emma asked the doctors, knowing she can't have people hearing them.

"Of course" one said, giving a polite smile as they both exited the room.

"Come here, it's ok" Emma quickly said, pulling her daughter into her arms and holding her close.

"I don't like this, I don't want to loose them" Margot cried, her grip on her mother's body growing tighter.

"I don't either, Mar, but we have to have hope they will survive this" Emma softly said as she brushed her hands through her daughter's hair.

"Even if they do, we are going to have to leave and loose them" Margot continued, knowing this was the reason they never got attached to people.

Emma just stayed quiet at those words, hating how true they were. She closed her eyes and rested her chin on the top of her daughter's head, letting the young blonde cry all her fear and pain away.