Invitation

"What?"I replied back to my mom.

"We all were talking before you girls woke up,and decided that we were gonna go up to High Point next weekend. We figured you girls wouldn't care because we usually go multiple times every summer anyways,oh and Lani, Barcia wanted to speak to you privately."

Ellie and I both shot up from where we were laying and gave each other confused looks.

Barcia wanted to talk to me privately? What could this be about?

"Oh and by the way us adults are going out to breakfast,so you girls will be left alone with the boys."my mom said before walking out of Ellie's room.

"Okay,I'm gonna freshen up and I'll be down." I said.

Ellie and I could not think of any possible thing he would want to talk to me about. We both got up and went to the Bathroom to wash our faces,brush our teeth,and fix our hair.

"What if he's like secretly in love with you and him and Cruz start fighting."

"Oh shut up that is not what's going to happen,at least I hope not."Ellie and I were laughing.

We both threw on old oversized tee shirts and walked downstairs. As we were walking downstairs we saw the adults leaving. Cruz,Ken,and Justin were sitting in the living room. Ellie and I walked over to where they were sitting and sat on the couch that was empty.

"Morning ladies" Barcia said.

"Good morning"Ellie and I said back.

"Kehlani,if you don't mind could we go outside and talk real quick? Barcia said.

Cruz had a puzzled look on his face.

"Sure!"

"Promise we won't be gone for long", Barcia said as he pulled me outside.

"Okay I know this is crazy,but you're really into photography right,and at least know a little bit about business right?"

"You would hope considering that's what I'm going to college for."

"Okay great! So my manager just emailed me and a few other racers this morning. One of our photographers just quit randomly,and there's an open position. You wouldn't be assigned to a certain team or racer,so you would be taking pictures of all the racers. Would you be interested?"

THIS IS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE.

"YES I WOULD LOVE TO!" I said before hugging him.

"Alright great! I'll let them know right away,but is there an email I could give them to contact you with?"

I gave him my email before we headed back inside. I couldn't wait to tell everyone the news.

Barcia and I walked back into the living room.

"You're looking at the newest addition to the Supercross crew!"Barcia said patting me on the back.

Ellie's jaw dropped. Rozen walked over to me and gave me a high five. Cruz's facial expression went from happy to seeing me,to being mad at the news he was just told.

"Of course." Cruz said as he stormed out of the house grabbing his car keys on the way.

Barcia went after him leaving Ellie,Roczen,and I alone in the living room.

"Well,who wants breakfast?" Ellie said to try to raise the awkward tension in the room.

Ellie loved to cook,her food was really good when she actually followed a recipe.

Ellie decided on making omelets for breakfast. I went over to the fridge to get out some of the fruit I brought from my family's garden.

"So Ellie,how are you this fine morning." Roczen said.