date night

"Uh yeah,as long as you want to but if not that's totally cool too,"Jett said nervously.

"I'd love to go on a date with you Jett," I exclaimed.

"I'll be right back, don't go anywhere," Jett smiled as he walked into his trailer.

I was only standing there for maybe 2 minutes before he came back over to me. He was carrying a blanket with him.

"You ready?" he asked.

Of course," I smiled at him.

He grabbed my hand. We walked out of the pits and down a dirt path.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise,"Jett answered.

We walked for 10 minutes before we reached a small open field.

Jett let go of my hand and laid down the blanket.Once he set out the blanket,he laid down on it.

"Are you gonna join me?"

I smiled at him before laying down next to him.

He wrapped his arm around me.

I cannot believe I'm on a date with freaking Jett Lawrence.

It was so peaceful to look at the stars while wrapped in his arms.

"I hope this isn't all happening too soon for you. I saw you at press day and just knew at that moment I wanted to get to know you."

I was blushing so hard.

"What do you want to know?"

"Ken told me some things about you,but I wanna hear from you. Let's start off basic. What do you like to do in your free time?"

"I really enjoy playing golf,I actually won a championship this year. I also obviously like taking pictures. I like shopping,watching Supercross,hanging out at the beach,and late night talks."

"No way you golf? I love to play golf. I'd definitely beat you."Jett said.

"You wish."

We were both laughing.

"Okay my turn to ask you a question," I told him.

"Ask away."

"What makes me special compared to all the other girls you've crossed paths with here?"

"Easy question. When I first saw you something clicked,it was almost like there was a voice saying that you were the one. I knew I wanted a chance with you. I was nervous to ask you at first because I didn't even know your name yet,but I told myself it was now or never. I couldn't be more happy with the decision I made."

That was the sweetest thing ever oh my gosh.

He pulled me closer to him.

I wanted to stay like this forever. I felt so safe with him.

We sat there talking for a while.

"This might come off weird but I was just wondering,have you ever had a boyfriend?"Jett asked.

Shit.

"Yes as a matter of fact I have had a few boyfriends in the past. I don't know all of what Ken told you,but I might as well clear the air now. I just recently got out of a relationship not even two weeks ago. I've been on and off with him for a while. We were watching Supercross and I was talking about my favorite racers and he kinda got upset,but I thought nothing of it. A few days later Justin told me about the Job and when he told my ex, he got up and left. No congrats or anything he just left. I then went with Ken,Justin,and my best friend,Noelle, who also happens to be his sister, to the mall. Everything was going fine until Noelle got a call from Justin. I had no idea what was going on,all Noelle told me was we needed to leave. As we were leaving I saw him with another girl. I didn't know what to feel. I was devastated,angry,and heartbroken all at the same time. He kept saying that he didn't mean any of it,but if he didn't mean it then why would he have done it in the first place? I believe in second chances,and I really thought he was the one,but turns out I was wrong. I'm just glad I'm moving onto better things. I still don't know what to tell Noelle though. He came to my house with flowers and apologized. I tried not to be a jerk so I accepted the apology,and then I made a bad decision that I really don't ever want to talk about. I just don't want El to see me any different,I just want to forget about it."

Tears were streaming down my face.

Jett wiped the tears from my face.

"No one should ever have to experience that. I'm glad you got out of that though. From what I just heard,he doesn't deserve someone like you."

Jett was comforting me while I was crying,he reassured me that it was going to be ok.

He then was telling dumb dad jokes to make me laugh. We just met and it already felt like we've known each other for a lifetime.

We laid there looking at the stars for a while longer before deciding to head back. He grabbed my hand to pull me up off the ground. He then wrapped me in a hug.

This is all happening so fast,but it just feels so right.

"C'mon there's one more thing we need to do before the night ends" He said, grabbing my hand.

He grabbed the blanket and we made our way from the field to the pits.

He threw the blanket on the chair and continued walking with my hand in his.

I knew not to ask where we were going,I would find out soon enough.

We went up to the track,and made our way onto it.

The track was dark,but the stars lit it up. It was beautiful.

Jett noticed me looking at the stars.

"Pretty isn't it?"

"It's amazing," I said.

"Perfect for what I'm about to do"

Before I could get a word in Jett leaned down and kissed me.

WOAH.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Alright let's head back you look tired,"Jett said.

I was tired,but I wasn't going to admit it.

We held hands while walking back to the pits.

We got to my trailer.

"Tonight was perfect,"Jett said.

"I agree,I really needed that tonight."

"Let's do it again soon,"Jett said before hugging me.

"Let me know when and I'll be there. Goodnight Jett."

"Goodnight Kehlani."

I walked into my trailer. I wasn't expecting River to be there. I jumped.

"You scared the shit out of me dude,what are you still doing here," I asked.

"I just wanted to stay to finish up some pictures. How was your date?"

"Perfect. That boy is literally perfect."

"Awww you guys are in love."

"Not quite yet. Okay,well I'm gonna pack up and head home for the night,"I told River,

"Sounds good I'll see you Tuesday," River replied back.

I grabbed my stuff and headed to my car. I turned on the normal radio. "Baby I'm Yours" by Artic Monkeys started playing. That was a perfect song to describe tonight.

It was midnight when I got home,meaning my parents were asleep. I couldn't blame them though,I was exhausted too.

I made my way to my room to set my stuff down and get ready for bed.I washed my face brushed my teeth,put pajama's on,and took out my braids. Almost as soon as I laid down in my bed I fell asleep.

That was one of the best days I've had in a while.

In the middle of the night I woke up to my phone ringing.

--

A/N

Jett and Kehlani=absolute goals! Looks like Jett didn't have a problem with her. Who could be calling Kehlani in the middle of the night?