flight

WEDNSDAY

I slept until my alarm went off around 2 am. Today was a big day. It was my first out of state race. I was more excited rather than nervous. I'm glad Colt was on suspension for this week,so I didn't have to worry about him being in the way.

Jett had woken up before the alarm,and was in the shower getting ready to head for the airport.

I got up out of bed and packed a few more things before going to get dressed. Since we were flying I wanted to be comfy. I put on a pair of Lululemon shorts and a vintage Queen shirt before grabbing my bags and heading downstairs.

My mom and dad were still out of town,but I had already told them we had an early flight,so I probably wouldn't see them.

I sat at the counter waiting for Jett,which felt like forever but was really only 5 minutes.

"Morning sunshine," I said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Morning K,"he said with a smile. "How'd you sleep?"

"The best sleep I've had in a while." This was the truth. I went to bed for the first time in a long time feeling calm. It was nice.

"That's wonderful K."

Ugh this man.

We both grabbed our bags and headed out to his car. He packed them in the trunk and we headed for the airport.

We were meeting Ken and Ellie since we were on the same flight.

The airport wasn't too busy,which made it easy for us to get around. We boarded our flight about an hour after we got there. Minnesota was only about an 1 and ½ flight,so not too bad.

We met up with Ken and Ellie at the boarding area.

We all said hi to each other,but not much more was said. We all were really groggy at 4 am.

I've been on a plane a few times,not many. I was anxious,which Jett figured out because he grabbed my hand and assured me it was okay.

We both slept for most of the flight considering we've been up since 2 am. What was an hour and ½ flight felt like 5 minutes. Jett nudged my shoulder,causing me to wake up.

"K wake up, we're here!"

Why does this boy have so much energy? We got like two hours of sleep last night.

He grabbed my hand and led us off the plane.

Minnesota's airport was busier than I had expected. When we got off the terminal,security had already been waiting to escort us to our uber.

Our uber took us to our hotel,which thankfully wasn't too far from the track.

Jett and Ken went to get us checked into our hotel rooms.

Before they even got to the desk Ellie turned around and pulled me into a hug.

I don't think she realizes how much I needed a hug from her right now.

"Lani, how are you doing? I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now."

"In all honesty,I'm better than I thought I would be. Knowing Colt won't be here this week is nice. I don't think I'm ready to face him. I just feel so terrible."

"Lani I love you but when are you going to learn that not everyone is good."

"I know I know. I just hope this blows over soon."

Jett and Ken came back with room keys in their hands.

"Turns out our rooms are right next to each other," Ken said.