late night calls

Friends? After that he says we're just friends?

"To friends" I say before shaking his hand.

Cruz left shortly after we finished up.

I think it's a good thing letting him go. It's time for a fresh start.

My mom called telling me her and my dad were on their way home. She also explained how they were excited to hear about my first day.

I made the bed before going up stairs.

Crap the flowers are still on the table.

I hurried up the stairs so I could get a vase from the cabinets before my parents saw. I really didn't want to explain the flowers.

I filled the vase with water and put the flowers in it before taking them up to my room.

I went back down to the living room to wait for my parents.

When my parents got home I told them how excited I was about my job. I also told them how Barcia was so excited about how my pictures turned out.

I talked with them for an hour before going up stairs and getting ready for bed. I needed another good night sleep because High Point was tomorrow,and it would be my first time taking action pictures of the riders. I was really nervous.

Oh no. I forgot to text Ellie and Emillia back. They'd understand that it was a long day right? Ellie also doesn't need to know what happens between Cruz and I today right?

I laid awake in my bed for a while overthinking everything. I was completely physicing myself out. I needed to just fall asleep.

--

I woke up in the middle of the night stressing out. I needed to talk to someone . It couldn't be Ellie or Emillia,I didn't want to talk to them about Cruz. I really didn't want to do what I was about to do,but I did anyways.

I facetimed Justin.

"Dude it's like 1 in the morning what are you doing up,"he said.

"I could ask you the same thing. You're the one who has a race tomorrow, shouldn't you be getting your beauty sleep?"

"Eh I got a lot riding on me,I'm kinda just nervous but it happens before every race I'll be fine. But don't try to change the subject. What's going on K?"

"You promise you won't be mad,and you promise you won't tell anyone about this?"

"Oh god did you and one of the racers hook up"

"No but Cruz and I did," I said.

Barcia choked on the water he was drinking.

"YOU DID WHAT," he yelled over the phone.

"STOP YOUR NOT ALLOWED TO BE MAD"

"I'M NOT MAD JUST SHOCKED,YOU TWO LITERALLY WEREN'T SPEAKING YESTERDAY."

"Well,he came to my house yesterday while my parents weren't home. He gave me this big speech about how perfect I am how everyone wants to be me and how everyone wants me I don't really remember it all I was half listening but then he gave me flowers and then we started making out and then yeah we had sex"

"I- Wow okay there. Was the sex at least good?"

"That's something you'll never know."

"Whatever,are you guys like a thing again now?"

"NO THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD. That bitch had the AUDACITY to hold his hand out and say to friends after we were done. LIKE WHO DOES THAT? I agreed with him to just be friends. I think it's for the best. But wait theres more,"

"WHAT ELSE COULD THERE POSSIBLY BE"

I was surprised Barcia was as interested in my life as he is.

"Yesterday at press day,Jett came over to me after we were done and asked me to meet him at the Honda trailer tomorrow. I have no clue why,but obviously I'm not going to ditch him. I wonder if Ken knows anything about him tho because I saw them talking yesterday. It makes sense tho since they're on the same team."

"Okay so you have what I'm guessing is pretty awesome sex with a boy you liked basically your whole life,then your celebrity crush now wants to meet you at his trailer. Am I right?"

"Aww you were listening!"

We were both laughing.

While we were laughing I saw a pillow go flying at Barcias head.

"JUSTIN DO YOU HAVE A GIRL IN YOUR ROOM?" I yelled.

"He acts like a girl,but no."

He showed Ken.

"This dumbass over here booked one room with two beds instead of two rooms with one bed. And we tried to change it,but the hotel person said that every room was booked so we were stuck like this."

"Well he probably heard the whole thing so he might as well just come over and join us."

"I heard Jett's name,just you wait for tomorrow."Ken said.

"What?" I asked Roczen.

"I'm sleeping, go away." I heard Roczen yell back.

What does he mean to "just wait for tomorrow"?

"Alright we should probably get some sleep,I'll see you tomorrow at the track," I told Justin.

"Sounds good see ya then," he said before hanging up.

So many different scenarios went on in my head. Was Jett going to fire me,could he do that?

I spent an hour overthinking everything before finally falling asleep at 3 am.

I just hope everything goes well tomorrow.

--

A/N

Hey! Sorry for the short chapter. I'm using this as kinda a filler. I want to try to develop Kehlani and Barcia's relationship a little better. Also I think I'm going to incorporate some of the Roczen and Webb drama into the future chapters. What's your thoughts on Kehlani and Jett? What do you think is going to happen tomorrow night?