corporate

I tossed and turned all night.

Was this even real? Is this all just an awful nightmare?

Jett was sleeping soundly beside me.

I had turned my phone off before going to bed so i wouldn't check the news,but i couldn't help it.

I reached for my phone,and as soon as i unlocked it notifications from various news channels,messages,and calls came flooding in.

I rolled my eyes and set my phone back on the table.

This wasn't going away anytime soon so I might as well get some sleep.

I was woken up by my mom the next morning.

"Kehlani Anne Bozellie. Why am I finding out from the news that you were assaulted."

Jett had texted me saying he left for the track but didn't want to wake me up. I'm glad he wasn't here to witness this.

"Mom the news blew it out of proportion. Colt was mad that I rejected him and i was ignoring him,and it led to him grabbing my arm to get my attention.He agreed to stay away from me so I'm not pressing charges. I'm really sorry I should've told you and dad."

"It's okay honey. I'm glad you told us the truth. You know if any man ever puts his hands on you do not be afraid to tell us."

"Don't worry mom I promise i'll tell you. I'm just thankful Jett was there to make sure nothing else happened."

My mom gave me a hug and walked downstairs.

I decided I needed to clean up a little bit. The last few days have been a mess. Before checking my phone I decided I needed to shower.

It felt good to disconnect for a few minutes,to just process everything that happened.

After my shower I threw on a pair of Nike running shorts and one of Jett's tee shirts.

I felt it was necessary to check my email.

I saw I had an email from the Corporate of Supercross and Motocross.

Kehlani Bozzelli,

Assuming you saw the news last night, we have many questions regarding the incident. We would like to meet with you around 3pm tomorrow to discuss further action.

Sincerely,

Supercross and Motocross CEO

Shit. Am I getting fired? It's already 1:30. I need to leave soon.

I threw on a pair of trousers and a nice shirt,considering I wanted to look somewhat professional.

I grabbed my keys and headed to my car.

The whole drive there my stomach was twisting and turning,and it's not like I could bother Jett right now considering he was at the track practicing.

The drive felt like it took seconds. I grabbed my purse and headed over to the corporate office.

On my walk over to the office I hurried up and texted Ellie and update of what was going on.

After the text was delivered I turned my phone on silent.

The last thing I needed was my phone to go off during this meeting.

I walked into the building and over to the secretary's desk.

"Name?"

"Kehlani Bozellie."

"ID"

I showed her my ID and she pointed me towards the office.