ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx

Author's note: Well this was fun to write :) There are additional comments from me at the end, but only read them once you've finished reading this chapter! Enjoy :)

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴊᴇᴀʟᴏᴜꜱʏ. 

ɪ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴀʀ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ." 

ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ

Blood splatters out of my mouth and I look down to see cuts spread all over my body, each one burning like fire. I've always been prone to feeling pain which is something my father highly disapproves of. However, my mother always told me this proves I have a little bit of humanity within me.

"Little one!" Aldro roars, his anger shaking the ground dangerously.

"Stay back," I order as I fall to my knees in front of Elaine.

My protector stops dead in his tracks, confused.

"(Y/n)!" Ban calls out but I ignore him.

"Lady Elaine, tell me something," I say with my hands shivering at my sides. "Would you do anything for Ban?"

The sister of the Fairy King had appeared out of nowhere. One look at Jericho and I was all it took for her to snap. She immediately attacked Ban, hurting him horribly and bringing him down to the ground, unable to fight back. Jericho was knocked out after her rant about her never hurting Ban and how Elaine should be ashamed of her actions. Once Jericho was out of her way, she had turned on me.

"Would I do anything for Ban?" Lady Elaine repeats, puzzled.

"Yes," I say, voice cracking. "Why do you torment him every day in his dreams? Why do you constantly fill his mind? Why does he only see you? So would you let him go, Lady Elaine, so he can be set free from all that suffering?"

The little Fairy stares at me, eyes filled with pain and confusion.

"So, Lady Elaine?" I try again.

"Stop calling me that!" she says exasperatedly, her clenched hands in front of her chest. "What are you trying to get at?"

I spit out the blood filling up my mouth to the side. "No longer do I wish to see him in pain," I splutter through the blood. "Because he shouldn't be chained up like an animal. Because he deserves to see the light in this world again."

"Because you deserve him?" Elaine hisses as she roughly grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me to her.

Oh sweet little Fairy, far from it.

I give her a small, sad smile. "I am not worthy of him, Lady Elaine."

She pulls back, astonished. Perturbed amber eyes dart to Ban, then me, and then back again to Ban. Slowly letting go of me, she drifts towards the Sin of Greed who has managed to stand up. As she does this, I wince in pain and fall to my side, weak and exhausted. I should not have let my shields down but if I had put them up, Elaine would've continued to fight back, so I had allowed her to take her anger out on me, the anger she must have bottled up for the past twenty years.

Little one. Aldro's misty face pops up in front of me, blocking my view of Elaine and Ban.

Go to Jericho. Opening his mouth to protest, I cut off Aldro swiftly. That's an order. He scowls but obeys me, as he always has.

I look back up to see Elaine beaming with her hands on Ban's cheeks. "I will always love you, Ban, and there will always be a part of you that will love me; I'm sure of that. You promised to take me everywhere on your travels, but maybe you can share them with someone else." She holds my gaze and Ban does the same.