ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys. Hope all of you are doing well!

Sorry if there was any confusion, but I have changed this story's cover since I thought this new cover looked better. My sister and I found some covers I had made at the start of last year and this was one of them. I just really like the aesthetic appeal the black and white colours give and the font of the title (which I got from Canva) was just so satisfyingly orderly. I think I will be using this particular design for future stories. 

In this chapter, I have introduced another non-canon character who will be crucial to the plot of this story. Hopefully, you guys will like her 😉

Next chapter will be up next weekend! Enjoy :)

(Y/f/c) = Your favourite crystal

(Y/f/c/c) = Your favourite crystal's colour

"ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ ꜰᴜʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛꜱ, 

ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ." 

ᴀᴛᴛɪᴄᴜꜱ

Never have I felt so free and happy as I fight alongside my eldest brother, something I've always wanted to do ever since I was young, ever since I knew I would use my magic for good. Fortunately, the two of us so far have not lost control of our powers and are managing to keep them in check.

So I suppose everything's going well as we regain the lost lands of Britannia. Everything but that cold feeling that continues to agitate me every once in a while. And sometimes, it gets worse at night, especially while I sleep. I haven't really told anyone about this, and perhaps I should. But then I would just be—

"Oi shorty, you're gonna burn the curry."

I snap back into the present, shoulders shivering. Turning my gaze downwards, I see a wooden spoon in my hand which I'm using to stir the curry in the pot.

"I'm not gonna burn it," I grumble but Ban's already taking the spoon out of my hand and stirring the curry himself. Efficient bastard.

"Woman, what the hell are you trying to do?" he says disapprovingly. "We're making curry, not soup."

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "What?"

Ban grabs my chin and brings my face closer to the pot but far enough so that the heat from the stove doesn't hurt me. "You're whipping it instead of stirring it."

"Oh." I blush slightly as I pull away. "Sorry."

Ban takes the spoon out of the pot and places it on the cutting board next to the stove. "Where's your head at right now?"