ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! I've started to pack for Uni and am leaving my home next Monday so I'm not sure when the next update will be.

But for now, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇꜱᴄᴜᴇ ᴍᴇ?" 

ᴏɴᴇʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ

Kilia. Where have I heard that name?

You know, I had a little sister once. 

You did? Really?

Yeah. But she died when she was four years old.

I'm so sorry, Ban. Is it alright if I asked what happened?

Well, I stole when I was a kid. You know that, right?

Yes. Oh. You were also stealing food, but not just for yourself.

Yeah. Wasn't enough in the end.

Hey. Ban, look at me. I can tell you loved her very much, and she must have known that as well. As a child, you did everything you could for the two of you.

Heh. You always know what to say, don't you, shorty?

Shut up. What was her name?

Kilia. Her name was Kilia.

"Hell below," I breathe and then throw my head back to look up at the dark, cloudy skies above. "Were you originally a Human?"

No, the ancient scythe—Kilia answers. But I have been born into various forms over the past 16,000 years, usually as a Human or a Demon. Though I have no idea why this is so.

But how? I question as the image of the scythe appears in my head. 

My life as either a Human or a Demon never lasts long, Kilia states. And it happens at the most random moments. Why do you ask if I was originally a Human, (Y/n)?

You said that someone who knew your name might still be alive, I note. And you also said that you saw him as a brother. How long ago was this?

Decades ago, Kilia replies. He must be in his forties or fifties now. 

Was he Human? I ask firmly.

Yes, he was.

Kilia. Swallowing down the bile building up in my throat, I whisper, Was his name Ban?

A sharp intake of breath. How do you know this, (Y/n)? Do you know him? Oh tell me, is he in good health? Is he safe? Is he well?

I

Oh, he must have a family now, Kilia says excitedly, but I can hear the tiredness seeping into her voice now. It won't be long before she fades away and has to leave me. He must have found a wonderful woman and had beautiful children! Tell me, (Y/n). Is he happy?

You have asked so many questions, I don't even know which one to answer first, I say with a tiny chuckle, amused to see that this old being is so affectionate for a Human. But after you...died, Ban was taken in by another man who raised him well. He became known as Ban the Bandit who stole for a living. But his life completely changed when he joined a group known as the Seven Deadly Sins.

The Seven Deadly Sins? Kilia breathes. How peculiar. Do go on.

This group initially swore to protect the Kingdom of Liones but they now protect the whole of Britannia, I continue and cannot stop the pride that trickles into my voice. Ban has grown to love each one of the Sins and now considers them his new family.