ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

Author's notes: Guess who's back, back again. Ouuu, this was very fun to write! Talk about character development, and I'm not only talking about Meliodas 😉  

After the post I made last week, I have managed to write up three new chapters so that means for this story, there is fourteen chapters in total but I'm estimating the overall story to be around thirty chapters. However, I am known to be very unpredictable so there's a chance that I will go over that number. So that's everything I want to say for now. 

Next chapter will be up next weekend! Enjoy :)

"ꜱʜᴇ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ ᴡʜᴏ ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇᴅ." 

ʟᴀʟᴀʜ ᴅᴇʟɪᴀʜ

Approximately forty-nine of my kind have been killed by my hand, and I don't even feel the slightest bit of remorse when acknowledging this. The Demon race has become strangers in my own eyes and I know for a fact that if my father and I crossed paths now, he would strike me down without a second thought. His only daughter has now become a traitor, following in the footsteps of his eldest son.

The Kingdom of Liones has been under attack for the last two days with both Grey and Red Demons entering the province from every direction. But with my newly attained power, I have been able to destroy more of them in comparison with the Holy Knights. Although it's still not enough. And right now the main problem is the Commandments and my two brothers who are trying to gain control over the nation.

"Someone's having a lot of fun," a voice purrs amidst all the shouts and yells of the Holy Knights I fight beside.

Shifting my wings to get a better look, I grin ferociously when my eyes meet ones insane as mine. "I'm not the only one, hot stuff," I retort and stick out my tongue.

Ban smirks. "You're right there."

Flinching, soldiers around me including myself and Ban feel our strength and energy evaporate. Even after discovering that Estarossa's power of the Commandment is the cause for this, I refuse to surrender myself to the bastard. Trying my best, I push out all the anger and rage that's bottled up inside of me and to everyone's shock, I slowly drag one foot after the other towards Estarossa, but after the fourth step I stop, legs trembling. No matter how much I want to get rid of all this anger, I cannot. My rage will never die, and I'm not sure if it ever will.

"My, my, little sister," Estarossa says with admiration. "You've grown much more powerful since our last encounter back at home. Perhaps these Humans have taught you a thing or two. However, our father—"

"No matter how hard you dissuade me, brother," I interfere, hands quivering, "I will always rise to my feet, stronger than before. Such pathetic lies you spewed from your mouth as you simply watched our older brother die, saying you wish you didn't have to do it." A deathly atmosphere covers all and causes each soldier to tremble in fear. "Those lies will be the death of you." Tilting my head and cracking my neck, I grin callously. "I will be the death of you, brother mine."

Estarossa blinks and then starts to laugh harshly. Opening his mouth to say something, an enormous shudder of the ground has everyone crying out, stunned. Hearts beating faster, I watch as Escanor takes gradual, heavy steps towards my brother, clearly unaffected by the Commandment. When Estarossa questions how this is possible, Escanor answers this for him. "Why should I bear any hatred towards someone who is obviously weaker than myself? All I feel is pity." Now that's what I call an excellent insult.