ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ꜰᴏᴜʀ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! Sorry for the late update but I was struggling a bit since I wanted to update all of my other stories as well. Anyways, wishing you all a Happy New Year and the strength and love to get through it!

And for now, please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪ ɢᴏ, ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ." 

ᴏɴᴇʀᴇᴘᴜʙʟɪᴄ

"Stop that, bastard," I snap at the Fox Sin of Greed when I catch him staring at my stomach again. "Or I swear, I'll burn your head off."

"I can't help it," he whines pathetically and suddenly leans closer to my face with a bottle of ale in both his hands. "My baby is growing inside you."

"Our baby, bastard," I growl at him with a growing blush on my face. "Don't you dare forget that."

"Like I can," Ban snorts and takes a swig from his bottle.

"I still can't believe you knocked her up," a dark voice says behind us and Ban immediately spits out the ale in his mouth while I flinch.

"Big Brother," I whine with a pout and then hide my heated face behind my hands. "Really?"

"What do you mean really?" the Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins says with a serious expression on his tiny face. "Of course I'm gonna be worried about that! In nine months' time, you guys are gonna be parents and Elizabeth and I are gonna be an aunt and uncle!"

Chuckling at this exclamation, from the corner of my eye, I spot the Daughter of Belialuin subtly stepping out onto the balcony so I quickly leave the scene with Elizabeth by my side, the sounds of our lovers arguing slowly disappearing behind us.

Earlier, Ban and I had told Aldro everything that had happened, that his mother fought by our side in the battle against Meliodas's father, that she gave her life so I could be free. Aldro had left immediately since he needed some space but Jericho reassured us that she would keep an eye on him and make sure that he wouldn't do anything irrational. Before she could leave the castle, my mother insisted that she should go with them and Jericho allowed her.

"Hey Merlin," Elizabeth gently calls out as we step into the balcony. "This may be none of my business but it's still possible for me to heal that burn away if you'd like."

"Is it ugly?" the Boar Sin of Gluttony asks shyly as she turns to us.

Elizabeth and I immediately shake our heads as the Goddess says, "On the contrary, I actually think it looks quite beautiful. So if you're OK with it, then I'm OK with it too."

"Me too, me too!" the Serpent Sin of Envy says excitedly as she crashes into Elizabeth and I but she makes sure that she doesn't bump into me that hard. "I think it's really striking."

"I agree," the Grizzly Sin of Sloth says, joining us. "And I think it's honourable to keep it."

"As long as she has that scar, Escanor will continue to live on as part of Merlin," the Goat Sin of Lust states with a soft smile.

"Well, beauty's in the eye of the beholder, right?" the Dragon Sin of Wrath says and raises a bottle of ale in one hand.

"It's really sad to think about Escanor but there's hope now," Diane says and clenches her hands in front of her. "Everyone finally has the chance to live a happy life. By using up all the power he got from his Demon King heritage, the Captain doesn't have to go back to the Demon realm and Elizabeth's curse has been lifted too. Gowther was able to remember his heart and all of his memories of Nadja. (Y/n) has full control over her new powers and can now be the new Demon Queen and marry Ban. And King went through a full transformation and became the true Fairy King. Then he...uh...he asked me to marry him and it was so sweet."