ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

Author's notes: Heyyy guys! Nothing from me except please enjoy this brand new chapter! ❤

"ɪ'ᴍ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴄᴏᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴡᴀʀ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛꜱ." 

ʀᴜᴇʟʟᴇ

Wake up, Onyx Phoenix.

Hell below. Where am I?

Far from home I'm afraid.

The ancient scythe. Purgatory. Father.

You tricked me, I say quietly in realisation as my eyelids slowly blink open to see that I am tightly wrapped around black mist. I am surrounded by numerous jagged rocks but the ancient scythe is nowhere in sight.

No! its voice cries into my head. Believe me when I say that it was not my intention! But I admit that it is my fault you ended up here. I thought your father was distracted but I was wrong. I am so sorry, Princess (Y/n).

Please don't call me that, I say, grimacing. Just (Y/n) is fine.

(Y/n), the scythe repeats softly. (Y/n). I truly do like that name.

Blushing, I mutter, Thank you.

But now we must find a way to get you out of here, the scythe says seriously. Your father is keeping an eye on your brothers at the moment so I am certain he is not focused. Let us  

Your name, I murmur as I wriggle around in the mist. Please tell me your name. You can't seriously expect me to call you the ancient scythe?

What? My name does not matter, the scythe says exasperatedly. 

The ancient scythe's voice. I have just realised that the voice is neither female nor male yet it is both at the same time. How interesting.

You do not have a gender, I state and then tilt my head to the side.

It—They pause for a second. No, I do not. But I usually prefer to take the form of a woman.

And why is that? I ask curiously.

I have a feeling that I was born a female, the scythe answers quietly. But I was born such a long time ago that I do not remember clearly. Why does this matter to you?

You're a being, I immediately reply. You're not just a weapon simply used by the Demon race. And I know that you have a name as well.

Silence fills my head before the softly whispered words echo in my head, This is why I chose you to become the next Demon Queen, (Y/n). Though your brothers have the same hearts as you do, you are still very different in comparison to them. There is something within you, something within your hearts, within your magic, that makes you different.

Is that so? I snarl before I can stop myself. Then why does the prophecy state that I will die the moment I become the Demon Queen, the moment I hold you in my hands?

Is it not obvious what it is to come? the scythe says calmly. You will be reborn the moment you hold me, (Y/n).

Reborn? I wrinkle my nose. I don't understand—

And this is why you are different to your brothers, she cuts in. You are the newest reincarnation of the Onyx Phoenix, the first Demon Queen's husband.